Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Or a "well travelled" mom? We are only as old as we feel! I'm a young mom (well not so young anymore) I'm 26 with a 6 year old. If you could, would you change how old you were? I'm on the fence about it. Yes because I wasn't ready to be a mom emotionally and financially. But no because I like being a young mom. I love to go to school functions or field trips and reminisce about how I was the child not so many years ago. What about y'all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:31 PM

26 is still young.

AmyL3469
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I'm 25 and my oldest will be 4 in March. I wouldn't change it. I was in a long-term relationship and we're now married with our 3rd baby on the way.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:33 PM

well im 22 now and ym husband is 25 (well be 23 in july an 26 in august) .we have 2 kids 5 an 2 so I dont know you tell me if im young mom or not some days ifeel like it then others i dont lol

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I'm also 26 with an almost 6 year old. I don't regret her at all. We were married and TTC.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Am 25 my kids are 5,3 and 8 mts. Am a young mom
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wicked.Jester
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

LOL at 26 not being young.

I wouldn't change the age I became a mother for anything.  I was 31, financially stable, and able to provide my children with experiences most parents will only dream of.

I also did and accomplished what I wanted to in life.  Neither my kids nor I have to sacrifice anything.

I wish more people would wait.  Kids should see and experience as much as they can, and they need more than love to live on.  What's the rush anyway?  I will take what I am able to provide for my kids over having them earlier 7 days a week.  I see no benefit at all in having them earlier.

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I'm not young or old, I don't think. I'm 29, had #1 when I was 24.

Seagodess
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I was 24 when my DS was born. He is and will remain our one and only. I always said when I was younger I wanted to be married and have my first kid by the time I was 25. I dont know where I came up with that number, but it worked out. 

I would not change things.

rosekit
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I'm 23, and have 4 children. My oldest is 7, I was 15 when I got pregnant with her and had her. It wasn't planned, and it wasn't something I'd ever wanted. My other three children, who are 2, 13 months, and 3 weeks, were planned, my youngest is even adopted, so yes, I love being a young mother. I wouldn't change anything about my past, I have my beautiful daughter because of it, and my life would not be what it is, had I not had her so young. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN