Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Obama has made this such a mess. Went to file our taxes last night and we can't not for a few weeks. The forms won't be released till then we are in a holding patern. The government isn't accepting any returns till wed if you can access the forms you need. The preparers are afraid the system will crash on wed when it tries to proccess millions of returns forced through on the same day! Thank you Mr. President for again penalising the poor! Thank God this is his last term, the question becomes how much damage will he do?  Oh and it will take at least 21 days to get any returns back no matter how you file. 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:39 AM
Replies (21-30):
kris0921
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM
I filed on the 25th at hrblock, and they said the IRS isnt excepting them just yet, to make sure they are following the rules of Congress. I dislike Obama as much as the next person, but just like everyone blamed Bush (even though its Congress that is doing this).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM

we are actually okay thank you. But we know others who are struggling worse than we are. I love my eight kids and stay home to educate them so the six at home have the same advantages as the two in college. the forms we need don't even exist yet. they could take a few weeks to come out

Quoting NDADanceMom:

We all make choices. U chose 8 kids. Hard to feel sorry for you. Maybe fewer kids and a job would have been a better route if money is important.

Quoting momaof8:

I say the poor because they are the ones who rely heavily on this money every year. we cannot file till the forms are released they don't even exist yet for us  and processing is expected to be extremely delayed due to the changes.

IandLoveandYou
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:25 AM
5 moms liked this
Wah wah wah.

SPEAKING of Obama thanks to his American Opportunity Act.. My fiancé will be getting back 1400 instead of having to owe, because he is a student.

So... genuine thanks Mr. President :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:25 AM
People did the same thing to Bush. Its uneducated Americans you can thank, but its also so easy to blame the main person in office, not the rest.

Quoting LadySaphira:

I agree, I am not a big Obama fan but he gets blamed for everything. I think some people hate him just to jump on the "I hate Obama" band wagon.

Quoting kaylasmom22:

I saw that,but it wasn't Obama's idea but Congress.Why do people forget Congress passes laws? Smh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM
I haven't seen you post in months!! Lol

Quoting NDADanceMom:

It doesn't bother me. I don't depend on a return. My husband and i earn paychecks we can depend on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:26 AM

they made changes to how alot of the forms are filed so new ones are being compiled won't be out for awhile yet

Quoting brebugmom91:

What changes? Any changes made won't be in effect until next year.

Quoting momaof8:

I say the poor because they are the ones who rely heavily on this money every year. we cannot file till the forms are released they don't even exist yet for us  and processing is expected to be extremely delayed due to the changes.

happy41ce
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:27 AM
2 moms liked this
Well this is why people do not need to rely on it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momaof8
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:31 AM

sometimes you cannot help it especially in this economy. Both our vehicles died within weeks of each other we are lucky we were able to rebound without being dependant.  It shouldn't be this hard to file. We literally can't file for a few weeks and we are not alone. If you own a smal lbusiness and claim expenses ect those forms could be delayed well into march

Quoting happy41ce:

JustFox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:31 AM
That's funny... We are hurting right now and it could really help us... BTW we have one child he works full time and I work close to full time... That money will just help with the down payment on a new car we so desperately need.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

We all make choices. U chose 8 kids. Hard to feel sorry for you. Maybe fewer kids and a job would have been a better route if money is important.

Quoting momaof8:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Agreed. My fiancé is getting a return, which is nice because he thought he was going to have to owe.

I'll be getting one too.. Not a huge one, but one none the less. Still.. We just keep planning and budgeting this month just like any other month.. Because you just never know.

Quoting happy41ce:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)