Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Blood sugar testing kits

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM
  • 3 Replies
I have been having issues with my blood sugar and so I asked my mom if she still had her blood sugar testing kit (she is diabetic and uses insulin). She let me use it and I tested and it was normal. I then looked on the bottle and saw the expiration date was 2011! How accurate are those numbers going to be?
I am going to be going to the dr, but I have to wait until my dh has a day off so I can use the car.
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Bump
tansyflower
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM

there is usually a little bottle of fake blood glucose in the kit that you put on the test strip and it will give a result within a certain range that is on the side of the bottle.  they should match.  thats how you can tell if you meter is working right.

btw i have used expired strips for years and they are totally accurate.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Quoting tansyflower:

there is usually a little bottle of fake blood glucose in the kit that you put on the test strip and it will give a result within a certain range that is on the side of the bottle.  they should match.  thats how you can tell if you meter is working right.

btw i have used expired strips for years and they are totally accurate.

Thank you! I forgot about doing that. I will go do that now and see if it is works ok. I had GD so used one then, but that was over 1.5 years ago, so I forgot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN