OK so here's my problem... In 2011, a company called me wanting to know if I needed a job because my husband had turned them down. They called me cause they asked if he knew anyone, and he told them I did. So, after an application was mailed, and a drug test, the only thing left was a background check. Before it was ran, the guy asked me "before I run this, am I gonna find anything?", and I told him "No sir. I've never been arrested, in jail, or to court (other than for child support cases)". Not more than 10 minutes later, he calls back and tells me that the background check is saying different.
Apparently, this is what he found.
- In some wierd town in Missouri in 2001,
- some lady by the name of Heather B. Jones, same SSN and DOB
- arrested for possesion of a controled substance near a schoolground.
- went to court, pleaded guilty.
- was on probation.
- and also was in trouble for writing hot checks.
WHAT?!?! I informed the guy that this woman definately WASN'T me. Then I gave him the reasons why.
- In some wierd town in Missouri in 2001, (I didn't live in Missouri till I believe 2004 or 2005. The only city I lived in was Independence, Missouri)
- some lady by the name of Heather B. Jones (My middle name starts with an E!! At the time, I wasn't even a Jones...YET) (Married and became Jones in 2008),
- arrested for possesion of a controled substance near a schoolground. (the only illegal drug I've EVER done was majaruna)
- went to court, pleaded guilty. (as i had told the guy, I've NEVER been to court for anything other than Child support)
- was on probation. (NOPE!!!)
- and also was in trouble for writing hot checks. ( The ONLY check I've EVER wrote was the ones in school when they showed us how to write a check!)
So... I have applied to several jobs, and some of them sound so hopeful, only to never hear from them again. We are a single income family, barely getting by in between paychecks. I called the local PD and was told that I'd have to call the PD in the place that it happened. File a report, and possibly get a lawyer. I am scared that this doesnt have any chance of being resolved. We cant afford a lawyer!!!