Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This has been the day from hell. Language. Long.

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 14 Replies
We recently moved to IL from IN. Well, our local Walmart sucks. Their selection is crap. My mom has been getting on me about registering for my baby shower, so I decided to go to the walmart in IN to do it since they have a bigger selection and cuter stuff. I picked my younger sister up to come with me and when we got to Walmart, I set up the registry on the kiosk thing. But it's out of paper. I stand in line for 15 minutes and they tell me I have to go to the wireless center to get the printout. I said something like "you should put up a sign or something letting people know that". Go to the wireless center, wait another 10 minutes, get the printout an go back to the service counter to get the scanner. Wait another 15 minutes in line (I've seriously never seen this many people in line at the service desk before) and they tell me they have to wait for the manager. She's over at one of the registers talking to a cashier about her weekend. I wait and the manager finally comes up, gets the scanner but can't get it to work. We stood there for almost 45 minutes while she tried to get it to work, but it was broken. I asked if they had another one. Nope. So I decided to go to one of the other walmarts in town.

Before we drive out there, I called first to make sure they had the scanners and they were working properly. I was told yes. I drive my happy ass out there and the manager is a rude bitch from the start. I explained what had happened at the other store, I had my printout I just needed to scan the items to add to the registry. She tells me they don't have the scanners and haven't had them for years. I told her I had just called and was told that they do in fact have them. She told me that whoever told me that didn't know what they were talking about. I was pissed. The whole reason I made the trip into town was to do my baby shower registry. And it's still not done.

By the time I left I was so pissed off I was crying and then my body decided to say "eff you" and I broke out in hives all over my neck and chest. Ugh. I called dh an told him and was bawling. Stupid, yes. It's just a gift registry. I don't know why I let it piss me off so damn bad, but I did. He kept telling me to breathe. By the time we got done at the second Walmart, I didn't have time to go to the third one to do the registry, do now I have to try to do it tonight on my phone since I don't have a computer anymore. Ugh!!!

As I was headed back home to get the kids, I almost got t-boned by some douche canoe who ran a red light. Thankfully I noticed him and slammed on my brakes before getting creamed. Fucking ass hat.

I'm just ready for today to be over. The day has sucked enormous donkey balls. I didn't get anything I wanted to get done accomplished. Ugh!!!!

Anybody else having an absolutely crap ass day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 3:59 PM
I'm sorry about your shitty day! I did my registry online at walmart.com and target.com. hope this helps!
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, sorry for your day.  Mine sucked, but not nearly that bad.  Just over-the-top politics by a self-important Board member stirring up crap.  I do have one massive headache, I've spent a full 8 hours researching and printing 6 months worth of emails supporting our position against his, what a waste of my day.  Tomorrow, all my 'today' work will be waiting for me to catch up, oh joy!

MeghanPerez
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I'm going to try to do it online but my phone hates the Walmart website. Every time I try to go to the full site on my phone, it kicks me back to mobile version. I'm thinking about just saying screw it. Lol. I'll just put "get pink stuff" on the invitations. Lol. Just kidding, of course.

Quoting poshkat:

I'm sorry about your shitty day! I did my registry online at walmart.com and target.com. hope this helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I feel so bad that you had a bad day but I'm laughing so hard at "douche canoe"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I had a day like that a couple Mondays ago, I was running late for work because I was trying to find my debit card I had gone to use the night before and couldnt find it, finally got online ot check my balance and sure enough there are $30 worth of charges that I had not done on there, get to work late and its pouring rain, we were sooo flipping busy at work, on my break I go in the rain to the bank only to realize they dont open until 9, the same time my break is over. So I go over to the drug store to get some cold meds because I had woken up with a terrible cold as well. Then they decide to send me home early so on my way home from work I go and try to straighten my debit card out and they wont do anyhting about the charges because "they are within my normal spending range" so I just have to eat the $30. Then my car stalls at the stop light and it didnt want to start.............. Then late that day I was making dinner and the phone rang so I went to answer it when I came back I realized I had burned dinner.... So yeah it was just one of those days!

I hope your day goes better!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
bellaamore
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Quoting MeghanPerez:

I'm going to try to do it online but my phone hates the Walmart website. Every time I try to go to the full site on my phone, it kicks me back to mobile version. I'm thinking about just saying screw it. Lol. I'll just put "get pink stuff" on the invitations. Lol. Just kidding, of course.

Quoting poshkat:

I made a small hadwritten list of things i wanted, particular brands and such. It wasput into my invites.

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:51 PM
I believe you can make a registry online.
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:00 PM

damn that sucks.. maybe see if you have afriend who has a computer see if they can help you with doing the registry just let them know what you kinda want and whats important and the info to make sure its on your registry 

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Im sorry ur day. That really sucks. But glad ur okay.
unsuspected
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM
You know you can do that all online right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)