Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

School,teenage girls,drama,*vent

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
First off let me say I CAN never get a break! Last week I was back and fourth from Atlanta to LA because my sister is in critical condition In the hospital,& then this weekend I was in Vegas for the girls Cheerleading competition.. Well today I'm back at work & I have lots of work to do,, well shortly after 9am my 15 year old niece(I have custody over her) called me & told me about how she heard some girls were supposed to be coming up to her school to fight her & her friends, basically because one of the girls boyfriend is friends with my niece & last week at a basketball game she had his jersey number on her face... Nonsense right ? Well I told her not to stress, because she don't know for sure,& I'll be there right when school is out, well it just soo happens that these girls (5 of em) came up to my nieces school while she was at p.e,one walked up to her without saying anything & just snatched her by her hair, & then the rest of the girls friends jumped in! Now when I got the call I rushed up there& the principle basically tells me it's my nieces fault,he says by her "tying up her hair,& dropping her jacket she provoked the fight" well in my nieces defense she knew the girl was coming to fight her, soo why wouldn't she pull her hair up into a ponytail ? That's common sense... I'm not saying my niece was right, but it was self defense... Now that's not the crazy part, the girls who came up to the school walked straight threw the front gate, no security, no nothing..& all these girls got was a warning,& the principal let them go, no phone call to their school, no phone calls to their parents,no tickets for ditching school,NOTHING! My niece on the other hand got a 5 day suspension,I had to leave work early,& now I have to take my niece into the ER because she says when she fell during the fight,she hit her head,& she feels dizzy... Now I know I'm going to get bashed because someone is gonna say " well why didn't you tell the principle when you first found out, well because something like this happened at this school before,& the they don't really do anything about it,they say stuff like " well we cant do anything if we have no proof! I at least thought she was safe on school grounds ! Ugh!!! I'm soo pissed *vent over *
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

PRINCIPAL ......  I agree with you.  She had no choice but defend herself.   At this age any sign of agression will provoke a fight.  Even something as simple as putting down possessions.   I would be raising a fuss with the district as well as pressing charges as a group premeditated attack on one person.

hippymama11
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Omg I would file a police report ur niece was jumped...an the school doing nothin....ugh put a call into the district office about this bullying incident that's what I would do!!
Nikki286
by Nicoli on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:55 PM

wow the fact that she got in trouble but the others didnt would piss me off. Call the cops press charges for assault against the girls. 

kansasmom1978
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 4:57 PM
I would call the cops
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I agree.

Quoting Nikki286:

wow the fact that she got in trouble but the others didnt would piss me off. Call the cops press charges for assault against the girls. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole6870
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Normally i'm like it's a fight let it go but I do NOT agree in ANY way with someone being jumped. I would call the police as well as the school board. If those girls were able to attack your niece on school grounds then obviously the school isn't safe. And its the schools job to protect the students while on school grounds. I also would raise hell over the 5website day suspension. I know schools don't condone any fighting but kids can't just stand there and get beat down plus they obviously condone being an attacker since they didn't do crap to the others
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)