Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
This is my very first time watching this show and holy shit ...is this scripted?! Please tell me this is scripted...there's this horrid fat bitch who verbally abuses all the children and the moms aren't saying shit they're kissing her butt. She told this mom her daughters were stupid ...and she says horrible things about all of them and the moms just sit there and take it....

How is her teeth not knocked down her throat? Am I missing something ...is there a reason why they allow her to basically call their children trash?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Replies (11-17):
norwgnwood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
You know that old saying if you can't do, teach? Something like that. She said shes always battled with her weight so she knew shed never be able to dance so she became a choreographer.

Quoting SupermarketMama:

Wow...I mean how does she turn out stars when she's so overweight she can't possibly teach those girls all of those moves ...like how does she teach them? If she's the best in the east coast than...I dunno ..its just crazy and I heard most of the little girls don't dance professionally as adults.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KellBell0820
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM
My sister works in the film industry and all of these types of shows are way more scripted than you'd ever think.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jjchick75
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 PM

The competitive dance world is a rough place. My sister was a wonderful dancer and danced competitively and the judges said worse things on her comment sheets then I've ever heard Abby say. She's actually met and worked with Abby Lee Miller and has nothing but good to say about her. She is one of the best in the buisness and that is why she keeps the girls you see and a whole studio full of girls you don't see! 

ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM

All reality shows are somewhat scripted.  They may not tell them word for word what to say but they certainly tell them what to lead with.  I have a very good friend who is on a reality show and she herself has told me that most of it is set up

Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I have noticed since the show started and as seaons progressed she has gotten pretty mean. I have always been a fan of Abby thinking well maybe they are too harsh, but the minute she called Paige stupid she crossed a line. It makes me not want to put my son in dance which he wants so badly, but I am scared he will get a teacher like her. 

Quoting christina0607:

Because she's the best on the east coast. Always has been...long before this show ever came about. She makes stars, and that's not always pretty.

However I do think she's gotten worse since the show.

Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:26 PM
OMG...this season is driving me nuts. Im thinking about not watching anymore it has gotten so bad. The other seasons were bad, but not this bad!
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM

i dont think its scripted. But...i think both that teacher and the parents are equally idiots. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN