Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Car seat help

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

My babies are moving up into convertable carseats and I'm not sure if the buckle is right because there is so much space between her diaper. Can anyone tell me if this is ok or do I need to do something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mamato5nunns
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:45 PM

This is how the chest looks. With that much space between her legs and the buckle.
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Is the buckle back as far as it will go? How old is she? Are the straps at or below her shoulders??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdgord
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
you can roll up a wash cloth between the crotch strap and her diaper to prevent her from sliding down. it is the only acceptable place to add anything bulky between child and straps in a carseat
Mamato5nunns
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:03 PM
The strap is right at her shoulder the next lower slot seems way below and the buckle is as far back as it will go. The twins are 6 months old.
MommaGreenhalge
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I'm with PP then. A rolled up washcloth to span the gap. But I would probably want to keep them in carriers a little while longer if that was an issue at six months . Just me personally.

Quoting Mamato5nunns:

The strap is right at her shoulder the next lower slot seems way below and the buckle is as far back as it will go. The twins are 6 months old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamato5nunns
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Thank you.

Quoting MommaGreenhalge:

I'm with PP then. A rolled up washcloth to span the gap. But I would probably want to keep them in carriers a little while longer if that was an issue at six months . Just me personally.

Quoting Mamato5nunns:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)