Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (71-80):
chemmom83
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 AM
2 moms liked this

THAT TO ME IS AN EXCELLENT LUNCH, WITH OBESITY RATE IN THE US THE WAY IT IS, SHE OBVIOUSLY LIKES TO FEED HER KID ALOT OF PROCESSED FOOD, WHICH BY THE WAY IS THE PROBLEM. KEEP UP THE HEALTHY LIFE STYLE YOUR KID IS OFF TOO A GREAT START.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM

That lady is crazy, thats a great lunch for toddlers...

June3May4June3
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Quoting silverdawn99:

Sounds like a good lunch

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:39 PM

My dd is 7 and eats something very similar for lunch on most days. She's not big on bread and that's fine with me. My ds is 4.5 and will eat  pretty much anything and he would love that too. Both of mine are big on grazing and rarely eat a large meal unless they're in a growth spurt which they both are atm. 

kitty8199
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Sounds fine. TV dinner is crap junk, but a dinner, not lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heartagram_girl
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Of course that is a good lunch! Much better than a plain old sandwich. I rather my kid eat fresh fruits and veggies than anything else.

CafeMom Tickers
OneDay.
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh cantaloupe sounds sooooo good. I might have to go to the store now. 

sweetnspacey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Mmmm I think that all sounds way yummier than a freaking tv dinner GAG!

Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM

That is what I call a cold plate and it's PERFECT for kids that age. TV dinners are shit why would she want her child eating that crap lol. 

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:59 PM

cantalope* 

Technically we as adults should be eating between 5 and 7 smaller meals a day anyway.

My hubby agrees with you that it is a lunch.

I agree with both. The foods that you described could be used (in smaller amounts) as a snack. 

Considering their age and how healthy of a meal that you put together for them, I wouldn't have an issue with you feeding my son that stuff. So long as he was eating it. 

What she wanted you to feed her son is a lot less healthy than what you were actually feeding him.

My son probably wouldn't eat that stuff. But like I told his preschool teacher, if you wanna try to get him to eat it or drink it, then by all means. Go for it. If he eats or drinks it for you then we will try it more often at home. My son now drinks plain water as well, because of it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN