Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
eema.gray
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like a fabulous lunch.  Lots of different things to choose from and small bites so small eaters don't get overwhelmed with a vast quantity of food.  You can feed my kids any time you want.  ;-)

veganistic
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
You covered all the food groups... i don't see a problem with it. Fruits, veggies, protein, and grain. Some people aren't very bright and need to see a lunch format that looks like their idea of lunch. You could have fed him pbnj and mac n cheese and she probably would have been fine with it even though it isn't nearly as healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beaugrl0824
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:36 PM
DD is 6 and ds is 2, but I wouldn't complain about what someone else fed them for lunch. I watched my nephew for a week and he will only eat ravioli for lunch, strange but whatever.

I completely understand what your saying though. She sounds a little nutty.

Quoting Crazylovingfam:

I am not going to feed her kid anything I wouldn't feed my own (except the ranch because he hates if) but it also fills him up. Maybe your kids are older?

Quoting beaugrl0824:

Sounds like a very light lunch to me. Ds and DD usually get soup and a sandwich with a raw veggie to snack on.

But because she over reacted I wouldn't watch her kid either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
navyjen
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Its a lunch.  I trust my babysitter.   She feeds my kids what she feeds hers and since I trust her its not an issue.  My child actually eats better for my sitter than me,

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Sounds like a great lunch, esp for their age, variety is good! My 2 and 3 year old get very similar lunches to that.. She was over reacting. If she took him to a daycare he would probably get processed food and or canned fruits and veggies.

I hope she calls and appoligizes, maybe she was just having a bad day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabySocks0912
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
She sounds crazy. Kids at that age are picky eaters and you sound like you're doing great ESP if they eat it. My son is super picky!
AMBG825
2 moms liked this

BTW: I don't consider TV dinners food let alone lunch.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Sounds like a good lunch
Firenygirl180
I wish i had all that stuff to feed my kid. We really need to go grocery shopping and get some healthy snack and lunch options for ds.
That sounds like an awesome lunch to me. Why would she rather feed her kid nasty processed food instead of a variety of healthy finger foods?
Now i do like an occasional TV dinner, but it us definitely not an everyday meal, especially for a toddler
hismommy2010
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:42 PM

That is a variety of food, but I agree it's not lunch. It's a big snack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN