Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (111-120):
momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM
My kids love to eat like that. I feel like that is a perfectly acceptable lunch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trainlady
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Sounds good to me. TV dinners have no food value and a lot of preservatives. The veggies and things you are feeding them is far better. She can either provide her child's lunch or find another babysitter.

mrsfitz05
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

A TV dinner? For a 3 year old? Yeah, no...what you fed was fine. Frankly, unless you are keeping her child for pay while she works as her regular DCP, she's out of line to complain as long as you weren't feeding him total junk. I'd have been more concerned if my child was eating the TV dinner, honestly.

Pnukey
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:38 AM

It does seem more like a snack than lunch, but you clearly are feeding them something.

Kmary
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM

She would have lost me at a tv dinner being a "better" lunch than the wide variety of fresh fruit and veggies you were offering.  My son turns 3 in a month and that is exactly the type of thing he eats for lunch.  It's plenty for him because, like a lot of toddlers, he's really a grazer and eats lightly throughout the day.  He's not big on sitting down and eating one big meal at a time, but he's a great eater and loves healthy stuff.  I wish I ate more like him, honestly.

samurai_chica
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:45 AM

sounds like a super healthy lunch to me...healthier than a TV dinner.

Some people are weird with their food...

I would have said...

"It's enough food to fill them up so they won't be hungry anymore...and it's lunch time...how is that not "a lunch?" It's certainly healthier than a TV dinner. If you want your son to eat a certain way, then bring whatever you think "a lunch" is, and i will feed thim that. But, don't expect me to change the way i do things in my house because you have weird stipulations about what is & isn't considered "a lunch".

Marimaru
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Sounds like lunch to me. Sounds healthier than a tv dinner too.

beethann
by Beth Ann on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM

All my kids ever do is snack..I actually might have to try your method over mine LOL!

Crazylovingfam
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Oh it normally takes over a hour for him to eat but he eats it all. It is a eat about half, get up play, eat a little more, back to playing, ect.

Quoting beethann:

All my kids ever do is snack..I actually might have to try your method over mine LOL!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Sounds like she only thinks hot food is appropriate. A cooked side ?  A tv dinner? really?  Your lunch sounds pretty awesome. Good riddance to her! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN