Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Sounds good to me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:47 PM

omg she would hate what i feed my kids/niece...they dont have a specific lunch EVER. 

they spend the day grazing and will eat anything from chili to fresh veggies, cheese, fruit, crackers, olives, leftovers from dinner the night before ect.  they have free access to the fridge.  if they are hungry i let them eat, if they are not hungry i dont make them.  right now they are munching on veggie sticks and drinking a glass of milk :)

Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Maybe she feels lunch should be a hot meal ? Did she say what she would prefer him to have instead of just blowing up on you ?
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I have the opposite problem with some of the families I sit for, they want to feed their kids quick crap and Im more than willing to cook for them but they dont want me to. LOL

AHmom103
by Alexis on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:03 PM

That's crazy. It actually sounds like it would be almost too much for a 3 year old, unless you're doing very small portions of each item. My kids at least eat like little birds, and my 3 year old usually stops after about 3 bites of each item on her plate.

Oostera
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I'd be good with that. I still feed my three year old that for lunch.

AHmom103
by Alexis on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

That's pretty much what lunch and snacks are in our house. None of us like to eat an actual meal in the middle of the day, so we just eat a few bites of this and that through the day, then at dinner time, we all sit down and eat together.

Quoting tansyflower:

omg she would hate what i feed my kids/niece...they dont have a specific lunch EVER. 

they spend the day grazing and will eat anything from chili to fresh veggies, cheese, fruit, crackers, olives, leftovers from dinner the night before ect.  they have free access to the fridge.  if they are hungry i let them eat, if they are not hungry i dont make them.  right now they are munching on veggie sticks and drinking a glass of milk :)

xLilBit22
by La Melodia on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Thats sound like a good lunch to me. Wth is wrong with her ass
Rhonda142
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I would love to be able to leave my lil ones with you!

justahousewife
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
It's a very balanced meal. Finger food or not it gives them something from every food group. I see nothing wrong with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)