Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
_Blossom_
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like a nutritious, well balanced lunch to me! Maybe this lady has something else going on that is upsetting her and she is "dumping" on the wrong person. I hope it gets worked out for you, but don't take it personally :)

EsmeVincent
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

thats a good amount, that I would say is a lunch...a healthy one.  if it was half that size then ok its a snack but I think you had a pretty good lunch there

KylersMom8-16-7
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Sounds fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:43 PM
She's wrong and it's ridiculous for her to be cussing at you over it in front of the kids.
IansMommy2012
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Wow all that for lunch? And she's seriously bitching? The kids three! He doesn't need a damn TV dinner for lunch. Nothing against TV dinners because I eat them myself. But if you have good food like what you fed him them by heavens I would prefer your food!!! Lol even if you want to call it a snack it's still healthier than a damn TV dinner!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2sqgl
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Sounds good to me my dd loves that stuff.
Angelanscalf89
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I babysit my moms 3 youngest kids and sometimes I give them pb&j sandwiches with a fruit but sometimes especially in the summer I just cut up a bunch of fruits and veggies. It fills them up and they like it plus its healthy so whats the problem.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashandmasysmom
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM
That is a,lunch my Kids would Love. The oldest is 9 and somedays she would rather a giant bowl of fruit instead of a sandwich. Rarely do my Kids eat an actual sandwich for lunch, they do eat wraps though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Steph103
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:53 PM
My daughter would absolutely love to eat that. I would have never complained especially if i have the option to send extra food for the kid! That woman needs to respect the fact u are feeding her child with your food. Some don't feed the kids.
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Lunch at our house is usually "just" a fresh fruit and veggie plate with occasionally some cheese. That is far healthier than some crappy filler sandwich. 

How dare you feed her kid healthy food. He needs like, Banquet "chicken" nuggets and mac and cheese frozen meals! Lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)