Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The lady I am baby sitting for just told me I am not feeding her child

I occasionally baby sit for this lady I used to work with. I really enjoy her son and he is the same age as mine. She came to pick him up when we were having lunch. She called and I told her they were having lunch but I could put his on a paper plate when she gets here. Well she got here and saw what I was feeding both kids and was cusing at me say it was not a lunch, it was a snack. She said a sandwhich with a cooked side or a tv dinner would be lunch. I was feeding both kids (almost 3 years old), canaloppe sp?, celery peanut butter logs, strawberries, baby carrots, cut up cucumber with ketchup for my son to dip and ranch for hers, a rolled piece of turkey, cheese, and crackers and if they ate all that I would get them more of whatever they want. I just want to know if you would be okay with your kids eating this at that age for lunch or do you agree with her? I am no longer going to watch her child because of the way she acted.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Replies (41-50):
WendyJR
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I would be happier with you feeding my child than with her feeding my child. That is a very acceptable lunch. She's nuts

xoch86
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:05 PM

Yah I'd be done with her..

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
What's wrong with what you fed them? It had all the food groups and sounds like fun and nutritious finger food. I'd feed my kids that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Is that your normal lunch? If so, what time should I be there tomorrow? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pamelax3
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM

sounds like a good lunch too me

MADMomma1975a
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

That's an awesome lunch & actually sounds like alot of food for a three year old - but if they eat it all then that's awesome.  I only say that sounds like alot of food because my son was (& still is) such a picky eater that I'd be happy if he ate half a serving of macaroni and cheese for lunch.

Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
It is about 4-5 days a week. Normally 1 we go out to eat for at a fast with a play place. And the other 1-2 I actually use microwaveable stuff (lazy days) or cook something like grilled cheese (but it is still cut into 8 little pieces for my son).

Quoting huntersmama711:

Is that your normal lunch? If so, what time should I be there tomorrow? Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Thats very healthy food but is more like a snack.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazylovingfam
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Well if I do more than few bites of each item (minus fruit lol) he won't eat it at all. Darn toddlers and their picky attitudes

Quoting MADMomma1975a:

That's an awesome lunch & actually sounds like alot of food for a three year old - but if they eat it all then that's awesome.  I only say that sounds like alot of food because my son was (& still is) such a picky eater that I'd be happy if he ate half a serving of macaroni and cheese for lunch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
db1au
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

my kid loves eating those types of foods.  I guess you could call it a snack, but you covered the major food groups, besides 3 year olds don't eat that much at one time anyway.  When my kid was that age, she grazed for most of the day, never really ate a sit down meal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)