Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
How many kids do you have vs. How many you wanted to have? And are you done having kids?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
baseballmom5416
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

i always wanted a boy and a girl..and my wish came true..

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Ugh d&c's are awful, I hate the way I felt the next day. We ttc for 4 years had a mc then ttc for another almost 2 years another mc. In the mist of the seconf mc we found out we were chosen to adopt a sibling group from foster care. They are our only children at this point.

Quoting Amy_M:

Thank you.  The thought of being pregnant again is super scary.  The first miscarriage a complete shock..never thought it would happen to me.  The second was an even bigger shock if that's possible.  Statistically it shouldn't have happened.  Both times we found out at the dr. office on an ultrasound.  I had to have a d&c with both.  My husband is afraid that if it were to happen again that I would compeletly break.  Which is understandable.  The second loss was so soon after the first I was afraid I wouldn't recover from it.  I am in a good place now, I do still have my moments, but they are few and far between.  I think by the summer I will bring up ttc again.  I just want him to see that I am ok.  We survived...LOL  I want nothing more than to have another baby, but not if he isn't on board.  We are not currently preventing, but not trying. 

Anyway, that reply got longer than I had expected....thanks again.  And I am sorry for your losses as well.  Oh one more question, where in the scheme of your kids were your mc's?  Meaning did you have more afterwards or were they before you had your livign children?

Quoting iluvsn85:

Im sorry to hear that you had 2 mc's. We have had a few in the past. Good luck if you ttc#3.

Quoting Amy_M:

Growing up I always wanted 3.  We have 2 now, but had 2 miscarriages, one in Oct 2011 and one in Mar 2012.  I would like to have one more, but after the miscarriages DH is a little iffy about it still.

sweetmissy_05
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I have 4 and maybe one more down the road, we aren't sure yet, but right now we are satisfied.

kimberly161
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I had six kids of my own and two stepsons. We have six at home now, out of eight total. 23, 19, 12, 5 1/2, 4, 18mos and 3mos. I had a son die when he was 22mos. He would be 10, almost 11 yrs old now. We are done having kids. I had more than I ever thought I would. I'm glad things went as they did. I am a very happy mama : ) 

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Im sorry to hear about you son who passed, but Im glad your happy with your wonderfully large family!

Quoting kimberly161:

I had six kids of my own and two stepsons. We have six at home now, out of eight total. 23, 19, 12, 5 1/2, 4, 18mos and 3mos. I had a son die when he was 22mos. He would be 10, almost 11 yrs old now. We are done having kids. I had more than I ever thought I would. I'm glad things went as they did. I am a very happy mama : ) 

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
2 and pregnant with baby 3. I wanted 2 but we decided to try for a girl. We are done after this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krise
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I have 2 kids... when Dh and I got together we didn't want any kids, before we married we decided on 2. What we have now and very much happy with only 2.

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Good luck! Have you already found out this baby is a girl?

Quoting HaloWithHorns78:

2 and pregnant with baby 3. I wanted 2 but we decided to try for a girl. We are done after this.

Reankanesmom
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Ty!! We are almost done I have two more semesters and My hubs is done this semester. Now if only I can get a full time teaching position LOL

Quoting iluvsn85:

Good luck on both of you getting your degrees!

Quoting Reankanesmom:

We have two kids a girl who is 8 and a boy who is 6. I wanted four but had complications in my pregnancies and delivers and then afterwards wound up having a hysterectomy a year after my son was born. So I will take what I have. We have looked into adoption but with both of us finishing our degrees and how stretched we feel now it would not be a good idea at this point.

Amber

~*~Mommy of two~*~

Reagan michelle 9-25-04 Kane William 7-19-06

~*~Wifey to MIke 1-4-03~*~

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Thanks! Not yet. I'm only 14 weeks.

Quoting iluvsn85:

Good luck! Have you already found out this baby is a girl?

Quoting HaloWithHorns78:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)