Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

at what point does a girl become a woman?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
  • 24 Replies

I think this is the wierdest question, but i may have to answer it on stage on friday so input would be nice, I am guess they are going for the emotional perspective, at what point does a girl become a woman?

I think when she is able to give selflessly and serve others...what are your thoughts?  I could use some ideas

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Who is your target audience?  Will it be a church presentation, a business presentation, a school presentation, etc.  The emotional aspect is hard to say since each person handles their emotions differently  If you go by your standards then there are not alot of women in the world since thousands fight every day to survive let alone help others.

ayacocca
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this
When she learns to accept herself 100%, and when she learns to love herself the same.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I have two girls, 25 and 17, I'm still trying to figure it out.  I consider them both young women, but I'd have to think really hard to come up with an answer to fit the terms of your question...that's definitely a good one...

Gina1109
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM
They used to say you became a woman when you started your period but I think that more classifys in becoming a young lady especially since they are starting so young now a days) but a woman.. hmm.. I'm married with a toddler at 23 and I'm not even sure I consider myself a woman yet.
So good luck mama...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Mrs. ID United States audience, so for the judges!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Who is your target audience?  Will it be a church presentation, a business presentation, a school presentation, etc.  The emotional aspect is hard to say since each person handles their emotions differently  If you go by your standards then there are not alot of women in the world since thousands fight every day to survive let alone help others.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hmmm tough one..  I will need to think about it but for now I would tell them what is in my heart not what i think they want to hear me say.

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Quoting frndlyfn:

SWasson
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Give selflessly and serve others?  SMH.  That's awful!

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I'm still not sure how I feel about it, I alsways speak from my heart. I just want to figure out how I feel so looking for ideas I may agree with...

Quoting frndlyfn:

Hmmm tough one..  I will need to think about it but for now I would tell them what is in my heart not what i think they want to hear me say.

Quoting strawberryLVR:

Quoting frndlyfn:

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

How is that awful, it's opposite of most teens who are so self obsessed they only care about themselves, so with age you sort of get over that {most people should} and then they learn that whats most important in life is not always about themselves! It's about giving! { besides the delecate balance between caring for ones self so that we have MORE to give others}

Quoting SWasson:

SWasson
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds horrendously sexist. How would you answer "when does a boy become a man?"  If you would answer it the same way, then fine, but other people may also respond the way I did to your choice of words.

Quoting strawberryLVR:

How is that awful, it's opposite of most teens who are so self obsessed they only care about themselves, so with age you sort of get over that {most people should} and then they learn that whats most important in life is not always about themselves! It's about giving! { besides the delecate balance between caring for ones self so that we have MORE to give others}

Quoting SWasson:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)