Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those with 5 year olds...*Edit*

What's the best learning toy they have? I'm thinking about getting an InnoTab 2. Is it worth the money?

*EDIT* Let me clear this up... It's for my daughter's birthday. She has blocks, books and of course, me, to help her learn things. She's a very smart girl and I would like to get her something special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
tennisgal
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:38 PM

must have happened after christmas. i bought one for my nephew this christmas on amazon. 

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Leapster explorer yes but the leapster 2 was discontinued. At least here none of the stores carry it anymore and leapfrog no longer has it listed on it's website

Quoting tennisgal:

No, they still have the Leapster2 and Leapster explorer. 

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Leapster was discontinued. It was replaced by the leappad

Quoting kayla4507:

Leapster. BEST TOY EVER BOUGHT!!! hes learned reading, math, all sorts of stuff! he loves playing the games and he learns while he does it! 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I know there are websites but I just want something for her birthday. She's so smart. I want something that will challenge her.

Quoting nicmain:

Leap Tag reading system is good. Oh and honestly, my DD has gotten a lot out of playing on the PBSkids.org website. 

KlingyMomma
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM
My daughter has a leappad. She loves it
kayla4507
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yeah, i know. but i buy online a lot of the time. I just bought my 4 year old neice a leapster off ebay for ten bucks :) she loves it! It gets her used to taking care of the hand held before spending a whole lot of money on a leap pad 

Quoting jiffypop2207:

Leapster was discontinued. It was replaced by the leappad

Quoting kayla4507:

Leapster. BEST TOY EVER BOUGHT!!! hes learned reading, math, all sorts of stuff! he loves playing the games and he learns while he does it! 

military quote Pictures, Images and Photos

"Sometimes freedom makes it hard to live, when it takes things from you that you don't want to give"

TatorsMommy2205
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:47 PM

My neice is 4, and she loves her Innotab! I think it's age appropriate for most elementary aged children.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:54 PM
I think that's what I'm leaning towards. It's cheaper than the Leap pad also lol. Does it challenge her?

Quoting TatorsMommy2205:

My neice is 4, and she loves her Innotab! I think it's age appropriate for most elementary aged children.

A_McCool
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Nintendo DS/3DS.  There are several learning games for it.  I got her a Leapster Explorer when she turned 4, and she outgrew it very quickly.  She only played it for a few months before she outgrew it, and I gave her my DS.  We bought her some reading and learning games for it, and she loved it.  She turned 6 on the Jan 10, and she got a 3DS for Christmas.

kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Books lol,she doesn't really play with her big toys. She has a kindle fire,leapster explorer,iPod but she prefers to play with her mansion.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:01 PM
This girl has soooooo many books! Lol. I want to give her something exciting for her birthday. Turning 5 is a HUGE deal! Hahahaha!

Quoting kaylasmom22:

Books lol,she doesn't really play with her big toys. She has a kindle fire,leapster explorer,iPod but she prefers to play with her mansion.
christina0607
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)