Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those with 5 year olds...*Edit*

What's the best learning toy they have? I'm thinking about getting an InnoTab 2. Is it worth the money?

*EDIT* Let me clear this up... It's for my daughter's birthday. She has blocks, books and of course, me, to help her learn things. She's a very smart girl and I would like to get her something special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (31-40):
doulala
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM

So many things to choose from!!   :-)
  Building blocks, that type of thing.
Nothing tech.

jasminesmom210
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
My dd has an innotab 2s I got it for her for christmas she also has the tag reader and the vreader. she plays with the tag and innotab quit a bit. She will be 5 in feb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I can't give her myself as a birthday present. I teach her a lot of things but she deserves a nice, exciting gift for her birhday.

Quoting christina0607:

Me.

nichole_erin
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:19 PM
My dd is 5 and has the original innotab and now has a leap pad2. I prefer the leap pad2 and my dd does as well. It's a great system. I didn't like the first innotab so I didn't consider buying the 2 when it came out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM
She has blocks already. She doesn't have anything "techy" so that's why I was considering the InnoTab.

Quoting doulala:

Nothing tech.

Ladybugmama86
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:20 PM

My daughter loves her discovery laptop.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
doulala
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I haven't read through thte comments, not sure if I have missed it, but what is she in to?

:-)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

She has blocks already. She doesn't have anything "techy" so that's why I was considering the InnoTab.

Quoting doulala:

Nothing tech.

Jessy613
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Nintendo DS.

There are some learning and educational games for it. My mom bought the innotab 2 for my son and he didn't like it nearly as much as the DS. 

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:24 PM
She's into everything lol.

Quoting doulala:

I haven't read through thte comments, not sure if I have missed it, but what is she in to?

:-)

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting doulala:

Nothing tech.

doulala
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Children can learn with ANYthing!   ;-)      The more "open-ended" the better~

Art supplies are a huge hit here!     The easel was/is a big hit.    Depending on the budget, a sandbox or just gardening tools...     Bike, scooter, roller skates, rope swing, outside toys of all kinds.     Dolls & clothes, sling, cradle, accessories.     Crafting projects with fibers, any material.     Musical instruments large or small.     Classes are good- if she likes swimming, dance, ballet, skating.    Maybe a trip to a fun park or a play in a theater or a trip somewhere or a museum in town...     My lists can go on, lol!   

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

She's into everything lol.

Quoting doulala:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)