Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For those with 5 year olds...*Edit*

What's the best learning toy they have? I'm thinking about getting an InnoTab 2. Is it worth the money?

*EDIT* Let me clear this up... It's for my daughter's birthday. She has blocks, books and of course, me, to help her learn things. She's a very smart girl and I would like to get her something special.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Replies (41-50):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM
We have/do all of that except the sandbox, classes (due to money) and museums because there are no good ones around here. She has art supplies, a bike, a scooter, outside toys, inside toys.... She's very open minded.

Quoting doulala:

Children can learn with ANYthing!   ;-)      The more "open-ended" the better~

Art supplies are a huge hit here!     The easel was/is a big hit.    Depending on the budget, a sandbox or just gardening tools...     Bike, scooter, roller skates, rope swing, outside toys of all kinds.     Dolls & clothes, sling, cradle, accessories.     Crafting projects with fibers, any material.     Musical instruments large or small.     Classes are good- if she likes swimming, dance, ballet, skating.    Maybe a trip to a fun park or a play in a theater or a trip somewhere or a museum in town...     My lists can go on, lol!   

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

She's into everything lol.

Quoting doulala:
doulala
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:41 PM

She might like different art supplies or an organizer for them all.
Or maybe a bike & hike trip somewhere special with a picnic and a dear buddy.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

We have/do all of that except the sandbox, classes (due to money) and museums because there are no good ones around here. She has art supplies, a bike, a scooter, outside toys, inside toys.... She's very open minded.

Quoting doulala:

Art supplies are a huge hit here!     The easel was/is a big hit.    Depending on the budget, a sandbox or just gardening tools...     Bike, scooter, roller skates, rope swing, outside toys of all kinds.     Dolls & clothes, sling, cradle, accessories.     Crafting projects with fibers, any material.     Musical instruments large or small.     Classes are good- if she likes swimming, dance, ballet, skating.    Maybe a trip to a fun park or a play in a theater or a trip somewhere or a museum in town...     My lists can go on, lol!   

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting doulala:

lovehimforever
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
My son has that

Quoting beadingmom17:

Tag reading system!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Nabi 2

She's doing excellent with her reading now BC of the preloaded books and learning apps.
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Trust me, she has too many art supplies lol. I like the hike and picnic but not in this weather. :(

Quoting doulala:

She might like different art supplies or an organizer for them all.
Or maybe a bike & hike trip somewhere special with a picnic and a dear buddy.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting doulala:

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Quoting doulala:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Just checked it out on Amazon and WOW that's expensive! Lol.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Nabi 2

She's doing excellent with her reading now BC of the preloaded books and learning apps.
1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Leap pad

bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
I paid $200 at GameStop at Christmastime. I haven't checked the prices since, I'd imagine they'll drop since its not season.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Just checked it out on Amazon and WOW that's expensive! Lol.

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Nabi 2

AlohaTink
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Ds loves his leapster and his kurio
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimberly161
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 PM
I agree with the nintendo ds idea unless thats more than you want to spend. My 5 yo loves it. Its very verstile, educational games and just fun games. I think you will find it keeps her attention and stimulates that growth and she wont out grow it anytime soon. Good luck and have a great birthday
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)