Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

1st house

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 15 Replies
Your first house you owned... Was it your dream house? Did it have all of your "must haves"? What made you buy? Post pics of your house...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by your-bff on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:20 PM

We haven't bought yet. We have trouble commiting to a house :) We would rather rent a house for now.

DomesticDoll
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:28 PM
We've never owned a house together my husband and I. But we want to look soon to buy. We've been married 5 yrs and rented for 5 yrs. before we got married I was a single mom for 9 yrs and rented my whole adult life. I'm to the point of hating renting. I feel like I am throwing money away!!! We pay $1550 and most houses here I can pay $800-$1100 a month in mortgage ....

Quoting Due9:

We haven't bought yet. We have trouble commiting to a house :) We would rather rent a house for now.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I can't afford my dream house... It's $650,000 and it's right down the street from me.

It's got a grand two story entry way with Italian marble flooring, double stair case up to the master which has its own fireplace, his & hers walk in closets, and a large master bath with double sinks, seperate jacuzzi tub, and a glass door shower. The kitchen opens into a sun room so it's bright and open and so beautiful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
delmeg10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Our first house was not our dream house. It had 75% of our must have items at that time. Life changes and our must have list changes. We lived there for 5 years and our family grew, so we purchased a bigger house. It is our dream house, but with two children with special needs, the school district we are in is not the best, so I want to move back to our old school district. We're currently looking for house #3. Third time is a charm, right!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:19 AM
We are so far from being ready to buy. Not loving apartment life but I'd like to rent a house. Must stay in the district though because I'm in love with the school ds goes to. That's really my only must have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Our first house was far from my "dream house".  It was a duplexe.  Two bedrooms and a converted attic....plus an unfinished basement...and only one bathroom.  It did have a long yard and was a corner lot...which was nice (even though it was in a bad part of town and the kids rarely cold play outside...and never without me out there).  When we bought it we had one child and had just found out we were pregnant with our second....and we had one cat.  By the time we moved out we had five kids, a golden retriever, and two cats.  We didn't plan to be there longer than a few years....and ended up living there for 12.5 years.

The second home we bought was much closer to my "dream house" - a single home with a large yard and above-ground pool, 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a full-sized finished basement, separate dining room, eat-in kitchen, 1-car garage with a single driveway (twice the size would have been nice...but, whatever).  We lived there for just under 5 years.  I do miss it....to a point....but I am very happy where we are now - and I am also very happy renting now, if there is a big problem, the owners can fix it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)