Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Your first house you owned... Was it your dream house? Did it have all of your "must haves"? What made you buy? Post pics of your house...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Replies (11-15):
delmeg10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM
I totally understand what you mean about the school district. Good luck finding a house for rent. :-)

Quoting AlohaTink:

We are so far from being ready to buy. Not loving apartment life but I'd like to rent a house. Must stay in the district though because I'm in love with the school ds goes to. That's really my only must have.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlohaTink
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:37 AM
Thanks! Our lease is up in August so we will see where we are financially. I don't mind staying here, just neighbors annoy me and we can hear everything!

Quoting delmeg10:

I totally understand what you mean about the school district. Good luck finding a house for rent. :-)

Quoting AlohaTink:

We are so far from being ready to buy. Not loving apartment life but I'd like to rent a house. Must stay in the district though because I'm in love with the school ds goes to. That's really my only must have.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Reankanesmom
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:41 AM

We bought our home(we currently live in) in 2008 and I loved it when I first saw it. We had looked at over 30 homes put a bid in for one and lost it due to agent error and then saw this. It was move in ready, netural colors, 3 bedrooms two full baths and huge huge back and side yards. I love my home but we are out growing it. It's 1500 sq ft and it's honestly to small now. The backyard still needs a lot of work(it was nothing but dirty and weeds). We just re did our front yard and are making some changes. It did not have our must haves but it had most of what we wanted we figured it would take some time but stuff would get done. We are looking at renting it out in the next few years and moving 6 hours north so I can be with my family so that will be or we hope the last home we live in and buy so we are looking at a lot of differnet stuff.

AMBG825
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Actually I loved the first house I owned. I kind of wish I hadn't sold it. But alas I moved out of state so thought I had no choice.  

christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:47 AM

No.

And that was well before digital cameras so I don't have anything on my computer. 

It was a ranch, 3 bedroom 1 bath about 1400sqft. It had a 3 season porch adn a really nice back yard. It was cute but not a forever house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)