Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does this annoy you? Get out of my space!

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
  • 18 Replies

Does it annoy you when someone in the check out line stands right up behind you..or almost right next to you? Today at Costco, I had to use the electric wheelchair because my hip will give out on me if I walk longer than 20 minutes. It's temporary and only due to pregnancy. I am 37 weeks. So I am sitting in line in the electric wheelchair and this woman stands right next to me holding onto her things that she's buying, and she is tapping on them. I moved up a little and she walked right up with me. I literally wanted to tell her to back off. Of course, I am moody as hell right now, but this would've still bothered me. She looked really angry and maybe she didn't realize how close she was to me and notice her annoying tapping. It was right next to my head because i'm sitting down in the wheelchair, so I thought she was about to hit me in the head. Holy crap that annoyed me!

That's all.

juggling

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mackiebugsmom
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I do hate it when people invade my bubble, not as much as you do though but I'm not 37 weeks pregnant so I understand
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Haha, yeah I'm pretty hormonal..my poor husband.

Quoting mackiebugsmom:

I do hate it when people invade my bubble, not as much as you do though but I'm not 37 weeks pregnant so I understand

juggling

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Yes, people stay out of my personal space !! Especially when i am in the check out line trying to slide my debit card in the machine and they are standing right next to me and the machine. I just usually say  "excuse me!!!"

Queen_Bree
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:41 PM

I hate anyone being in my personal space let alone an annoying stranger...

eye rolling

I wish you the best.

eema.gray
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Oh yes, that bugs me to no end.  I start to have small attacks of anxiety when people are standing too close to me in line.  A few times, I've had to hand the cart and card over to my husband and step out of line if someone is just too close and keeps moving closer.

tansyflower
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:53 PM
2 moms liked this

this is the type of situation where a nice stinky fart works wonders.

emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:55 PM

and, being pregnant, you could get away with it

Quoting tansyflower:

Due9
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this

Why didn't I think of that! Perfect!

Quoting emeraldangel2.0:

and, being pregnant, you could get away with it

Quoting tansyflower:

juggling

lovebugs_mom906
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Yes! I have a bubble, and I don't like strangers invading it lol! I'm always griping at my daughter to back off people at check out lines. She's one to stand right behind or next to, and it drives me crazy that she does it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rebecca204
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM

o my gosh! yes! I can't stand when people invade my space! especially when im checking out or paying at a grocery store!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)