Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anxiety, table for one!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 6 Replies
So last night was my first experience with night time tornados. And the joys of being awoken by the sirens. I'm still anxious about it. So much so I had to take one of my precious ativans to even think about going to sleep. Anyone else have anxiety? Or experience with night time tornados? Does the fear ever go away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:56 AM

i have anxiety, it used to be relly bad now its only bad the week before my period. or if I'm really stressed about something.

PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I used to have such bad anxiety of damn near pass out just thinking about something. But ironically, (or not) it all stopped when I left my ex husband.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
3greatkids751
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:02 AM
I have severe anxiety. It kicks into overdrive when I have a fear about something.. I'm a germaphobe and the thought of getting sick ect scares the hell outta me.. I haven't wanted to seek help or anything cause I hate taking meds and I've tried natural techniques but nothing is helping lately... ugh I feel your pain though believe me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momofsixangels
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM

I have anxiety so bad I cant leave the house alone

TheMrs407
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I have grown up in Missouri.  I have never been in a tornado, but have been within 30 miles of them numerous times, which involves a lot of what you went though last night.  I am actually fascinated by rough weather, providing no one is hurt and there is no major damage.  However even after 30 years of these storms, being taught and teaching other what to do in them, night time tornadoes still scare the crap out of me.  I think it's a very normal reaction.  I am a very calm person and the threat of them is still very scary.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:10 AM

I have anxiety and take Celexa, and have Xanax for when it's bad.  The celexa has helped so much.  I used to have a hard time sleeping because I couldn't make my brain stop.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)