Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you read a post or email....

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

When you read a post - or an email, etc -- do you ever read it with someone's "voice" in your head?

For me it happens when I am reading something written by someone I know and have spoken to....not as much on here with ladies I have never talked to.
I do it a lot with one woman I know -- every time I read something written by her....I read it hearing her voice.

Anyone else? 

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I usually put a generic female voice but hard to figure out some nuances you get from talking face to face.  There is one person who emails me  their generic voice is a whiny one.

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:22 AM
2 moms liked this
Only if it Morgan Freeman or Sean Connery.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by Judy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Quoting frndlyfn:

I usually put a generic female voice but hard to figure out some nuances you get from talking face to face.  There is one person who emails me  their generic voice is a whiny one.

The woman I do it for the most - who I know personally - I hear in her quiet, "sing-songy" voice.  I swear she is always high or something.  I was reading something she typed out-loud to DH and he commented on how I was imitating her voice....that's what got me thinking.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting frndlyfn:

The woman I do it for the most - who I know personally - I hear in her quiet, "sing-songy" voice.  I swear she is always high or something.  I was reading something she typed out-loud to DH and he commented on how I was imitating her voice....that's what got me thinking.

Some people have that natural sing song to their voice.    I even read books in what i percieve to be the characters voice.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jan. 31, 2013 at 6:58 AM

no.

iluvsn85
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:04 AM
I do the same thing when im reading..
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Yes, I do but only when I know their voice well enough.

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Lol ya allll the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PerfectVirgo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Yes! Putting accents and quirks into their voice. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)