Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

give me your best fundraising ideas!!!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

I got a call from my sons baseball coach yesterday asking if I would like to help him with fundraising. Of course I would love to help him, unfortunately I don't have too many ideas.

We're a little late on this for many reasons(we should have started it in November), so we need to get on it quickly. 

I'm some what new to this whole kids sports thing, so what are some things your kids have done in the past that have worked well?

Thanks!

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

indoor flea market all the families on the team bring out their unwanted junk and proceeds goto the tea.

You can do rose delivery for valentines day, sell delivers for double what it would cost, people can write love notes and you and the other parents deliver them on valentines day.

Bake sales

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Foo's ideas are good.  Add car washes in the spring, candy bar sales (you can buy the fund-raising kits at Sam's Club), depending on age of kids, minor lawn care.  Our neighborhood kids came around and offered leaf raking and bagging (2 things I hate).

Arwyn 724 

mtnaspen
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:48 AM
We did a big mattresses sale with my daughters basketball team. A local company came and set up beds at the school and for each mattresses sold the team got 200 and if a girl had over 5 referrals she was credited an additional 100 per sale the team made somthing like 5000 on the sale
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arwyn724
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh out loud.  Great idea, but my first thought was "mixing mattresses and high schoolers - risky"  lol.

Quoting mtnaspen:

We did a big mattresses sale with my daughters basketball team. A local company came and set up beds at the school and for each mattresses sold the team got 200 and if a girl had over 5 referrals she was credited an additional 100 per sale the team made somthing like 5000 on the sale

Arwyn 724 

nanay_ni_KIM
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Coordinate with your local sporting goods. they can have a booth on your flea market and have them share profit for every goods bought. 

Also, now a days, most healthcare companies are getting involve with sports because of sports related injuries, sent them sponsorship/donation letters. I bet they will be happy to send a few bucks.

christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Thats an interesting idea.

We're not affiliated with any type of school or anything, so I think thats why this is harder. We do have an indoor facility we use, but of course the ony people who even go there are affiliated with out ball club. 

None of the kids even attend the same school, and we're split up between 2 states(we travel out of state to play on this team).

so I think all of that makes this a lot harder. 

Quoting mtnaspen:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)