• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafemom docs I need help!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
Dd 3yrs old woke up at night screaming her ears hurt and hasn't been sleeping well and keeps waking up. I'm pretty sure she had an ear infection since she used to get those alot when she was a baby. I already have her Tylenol and some ear ache drops but she is still whiny ad saying it hurts. Her doctor doesn't open till 9am and I really don't want to take her to the ER. What else can I do at home? Also she has preschool this morning and its my turn to bring snack for the class and she has missed a week of school cause she was visiting her grandparents already and I really want her to go to school. What should I do about that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole060812
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:36 AM
She needs an antibiotic to clear the infection
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeAmour
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Go to the store and get some sweetoil. Put some on a cottonball and warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds.

She may need to stay home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VirgoMom07
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Try a warm pad of some sort. I have a microwaveable gel pad that I lay on if my ear hurts (I have really bad ear problems) and it is a life-saver. Does sound like an infection though so make sure to call the doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
She doesn't need to go to the er. She does need to go to the doctor. In the meantime, do you have children's Motrin? She can take that, as well.
As for preschool, drop off the snack if you need to, but keep her home. As a preschschool teacher I know that even with meds she will probably have a tough day. It's totally not worth it.
Hope she feels better soon!
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Where do I get that? The pharmacy?

Quoting BeAmour:

Go to the store and get some sweetoil. Put some on a cottonball and warm it in the microwave for 5 seconds.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I gave her Advil at night and just now gave her Tylenol both didn't seem to work well. I'm sure i will keep her home, she is saying she doesn't want to go.

Quoting crazy4u49033:

She doesn't need to go to the er. She does need to go to the doctor. In the meantime, do you have children's Motrin? She can take that, as well.

As for preschool, drop off the snack if you need to, but keep her home. As a preschschool teacher I know that even with meds she will probably have a tough day. It's totally not worth it.

Hope she feels better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

You may have to keep her home and take her to the Dr. to get it cleared up.  As far as the snacks go, since it's your turn to bring them in, you will just have to do that even uf your daughter won't be there.  I've had to do that a few times, including last weekend.  

Aydnsmommy
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Motrin might work better because it reduces the inflamation. Warm compresses help too. If I felt she needed to stay home or go to the dr during school, I would drop the class snack off on the way. I have had to do that for ds's class before.

crazy4u49033
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Olive oil works!

Quoting MommySarah986:

Where do I get that? The pharmacy?

Quoting BeAmour:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)