Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4 year old wetting his pull up at night, HELP!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 9 Replies
My son was potty trained at age three. He never had an accident until the past month or so. He is having them almost nightly now that I started putting pull ups on him at night. What can I do to get him to stop? There has been a lot of changed the past 6 months. My boyfriend moved in with us so my son is now sleeping in his own bed and I am now pregnant with twins. Maybe it's that...
I don't know what to do. Please help!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Litlmama87
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Wake him up a few times in the middle of the night to make him go to the bathroom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I wouldn't really worry about it at all. His body is growing and sometimes that will lead to accidents ...especially in boys.

I wouldn't make a big deal about it either. 

tansyflower
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:51 AM

this!  also limit fluids after 6pm.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Wake him up a few times in the middle of the night to make him go to the bathroom.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I would just like to add that this because sometimes body out grows the bladder. Hence bed wetting. He will like eventually grow out of it. It happens a lot . Does it really happen more with boys?

Quoting christina0607:

I wouldn't really worry about it at all. His body is growing and sometimes that will lead to accidents ...especially in boys.

christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes it does happen more with boys. Boys are actuallu 3 times more likely than girls to wet the bed at older ages. 

It's also genetic.  

Quoting Bonneata:

I would just like to add that this because sometimes body out grows the bladder. Hence bed wetting. He will like eventually grow out of it. It happens a lot . Does it really happen more with boys?

Quoting christina0607:

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Indianamomto4
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Leave him in the pull ups and don't pressure him about it. As you have already said he has had a lot of changes lately. Once things settle down he will get back to staying dry at night. Many kids don't achieve this until age 6 and some actually have bed wetting issues that don't resolve until age 10-12.

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Normal. Don't worry about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

It is normal at this age. My grandson who is 4 (going on 5 in March) still has accidents. What we do is limit his intake of fluids after 6pm and we take him to the bathroom before he goes to bed and then before my daughter goes to bed she gets him up and he goes.

Congrats on the twins! I am a mom of identical twin boys and I have twin granddaughters!! :)

Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Certainly I'd try all the "tricks" if i were you:  limiting drinks a couple hours before bed, waking him in the night to take him to the bathroom, etc., but this is truly very normal at this age.  And for some reason, it is far more common with boys than girls.  Add all the change he's had lately into the mix and it's not surprising.  My hunch is you'll have to sort of wait for this phase to pass.  It'll be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)