Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Naomi Lee, 013113, pic heavy pg3-5

Posted by   + Show Post
Update * Well the pitocin wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be! Thank the lord! Actually it all went really really slow until she broke my water, after that it finally became painful. Just a couple hours later I was at a six, and about an hour after that I thought for sure I still had a long way to go,
And also that I had to go to the bathroom. I sat there for about ten minutes trying wondering why the hell I couldn't, and the contractions were unbearable. I was like, nope, I can't, I think I need an epidural this time, Yup Yup, I do. I can't do it. Midwife finally finally coaxed me back to the bed and I got one knee up and felt her head start to come out. I pushed three times and she came. It was amazing!!

Update** She has taken to bf like a champ! Ohh I am so relieved, and feel very accomplished and proud of both of us. Now, I just need to get through my tubal tomorrow and we are home free!!

I wasn't scared having my first, not at all. Also i went into labor on my own at 36 weeks with her. Now here I am, days from 40 weeks, about to be induced which scares the shit out of me. My first was a natural labor and birth, this is just scary! Calm my nerves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (11-20):
Nicole1357
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM

It's okay momma!! Just focus on that new baby you are about to meet!!!! 

tansyflower
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:36 AM

feel free to join the natural birth and parenting group on here. they can give you great info on the different types of induction methods and what medications to avoid!  there are certain induction meds that are quite dangerous....they know a lot about it :)

Quoting krayzbabylove:

She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Why are you being induced?

MDWife12
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:39 AM

why are they inducing you? ETA - okay nvm about the question, I read the replies lol :). Hang in there, you will do fine. I had an induction with my first - it sucked and I was on the lowest setting of pitocin and they couldn't turn it down and I was having the contractions that you get when you are about to push out the baby...and I was at a 3 and my labor took FOREVER I am surprised I didn't get a c-section. Anyway, obviously everyone handles inductions differently. Good luck!

Aslen
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM
If your mw is saying it, then it's probably for the best. MWs try to avoid inductions as much as they can.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:12 AM
I know, that is the only reason I am going along with it. I know they prefer tho fs to.happen naturally.

Quoting Aslen:

If your mw is saying it, then it's probably for the best. MWs try to avoid inductions as much as they can.

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I was induced with my first four babies.  I planned....and wanted.....to be induced with my fifth baby as well but he had plans of his own.  I preferred my inductions.  They were all great experiences.

Good luck Mama!

Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I was induced both times for different but medical reasons. I was not happy about it. But I would rather that then something happen to my babies because I was scared and stubborn. I haven't had a fully natural birth so I'm not sure how
To compare them but you will be fine. Good luck and congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM

CONGRATS lets see some pics!!!!  Whats her name?

krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Working on it :) bad service here in the hospital!

Quoting erinsmom1964:

CONGRATS lets see some pics!!!!  Whats her name?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN