Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Naomi Lee, 013113, pic heavy pg3-5

Posted by   + Show Post
Update * Well the pitocin wasn't half as bad as I thought it would be! Thank the lord! Actually it all went really really slow until she broke my water, after that it finally became painful. Just a couple hours later I was at a six, and about an hour after that I thought for sure I still had a long way to go,
And also that I had to go to the bathroom. I sat there for about ten minutes trying wondering why the hell I couldn't, and the contractions were unbearable. I was like, nope, I can't, I think I need an epidural this time, Yup Yup, I do. I can't do it. Midwife finally finally coaxed me back to the bed and I got one knee up and felt her head start to come out. I pushed three times and she came. It was amazing!!

Update** She has taken to bf like a champ! Ohh I am so relieved, and feel very accomplished and proud of both of us. Now, I just need to get through my tubal tomorrow and we are home free!!

I wasn't scared having my first, not at all. Also i went into labor on my own at 36 weeks with her. Now here I am, days from 40 weeks, about to be induced which scares the shit out of me. My first was a natural labor and birth, this is just scary! Calm my nerves?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Replies (21-30):
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:01 AM
I actually used to ne a part of that group. I left it because of one poster who really went out of her way to degrade the other women. I and several other members left the group. I should rejoin now. It's been quite some time. :)

Quoting tansyflower:

feel free to join the natural birth and parenting group on here. they can give you great info on the different types of induction methods and what medications to avoid!  there are certain induction meds that are quite dangerous....they know a lot about it :)

Quoting krayzbabylove:

She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Why are you being induced?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM

you know its crazy because i joined years ago and then after you made this post and some of the woman complained about my comment (lovingly lol) i went and looked and sure enough, the nastiness was out of hand!  i actually deleted myself from the group because even though i believe in natural birth at home i DONT believe you have to berate woman and make them feel stupid in order to empower them.  actually i believe quite the opposite!

glad you had your little one and congrats!!!!

Quoting krayzbabylove:

I actually used to ne a part of that group. I left it because of one poster who really went out of her way to degrade the other women. I and several other members left the group. I should rejoin now. It's been quite some time. :)

Quoting tansyflower:

feel free to join the natural birth and parenting group on here. they can give you great info on the different types of induction methods and what medications to avoid!  there are certain induction meds that are quite dangerous....they know a lot about it :)

Quoting krayzbabylove:

She is super small, they don't think my placenta is providing her with the right amount of nutrition. After weeks of monitoring my midwife feels like she will do better out. It scares me, but not as much as the idea of her going hungry in there :(

Quoting ambermarie2006:

krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM
The lady who irked me decided to tell everyone that if you did anything which caused labor, sex, spicy food, walking etc, and in fact wanted such activities to induce labor (not necessarily even doing them to induce, just secretly hoping maybe it would) then you did not have a natural.labor and birth.. she just pretty much was having a "I had the MOST natural birth of them all." Spree. It was pretty pathetic and really discouraged quite a few posters.. I felt bad for those women, and just decided that a support group like that, was not getting my support.

Quoting tansyflower:

you know its crazy because i joined years ago and then after you made this post and some of the woman complained about my comment (lovingly lol) i went and looked and sure enough, the nastiness was out of hand!  i actually deleted myself from the group because even though i believe in natural birth at home i DONT believe you have to berate woman and make them feel stupid in order to empower them.  actually i believe quite the opposite!

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tansyflower
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

i think the thing that bothered me about it was that in one post they were claiming that a natural birth in a hospital cannot exist because it is unnatural to birth anywhere other than your home.  so that would mean my drug free homebirth that i had at my midwifes house would also not be considered "natural" because i drove over to her house.  i mean COME ON PEOPLE who cares?!  i am not going to get into a pissing match over who had the more natural birth, so i just removed myself because i cant handle to stupidity of it all O.o

its just sad though.  i dont think they realize how many woman they turn off by treating them that way.  you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Quoting krayzbabylove:

The lady who irked me decided to tell everyone that if you did anything which caused labor, sex, spicy food, walking etc, and in fact wanted such activities to induce labor (not necessarily even doing them to induce, just secretly hoping maybe it would) then you did not have a natural.labor and birth.. she just pretty much was having a "I had the MOST natural birth of them all." Spree. It was pretty pathetic and really discouraged quite a few posters.. I felt bad for those women, and just decided that a support group like that, was not getting my support.

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 11:43 PM
Oic, so it wasn't even just that one person in one post. It was common in the group. That is the silliest thing I have ever heard! Not natural over where you birth, Pfft. Yeah, just rediculous!

Quoting tansyflower:

i think the thing that bothered me about it was that in one post they were claiming that a natural birth in a hospital cannot exist because it is unnatural to birth anywhere other than your home.  so that would mean my drug free homebirth that i had at my midwifes house would also not be considered "natural" because i drove over to her house.  i mean COME ON PEOPLE who cares?!  i am not going to get into a pissing match over who had the more natural birth, so i just removed myself because i cant handle to stupidity of it all O.o

its just sad though.  i dont think they realize how many woman they turn off by treating them that way.  you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting tansyflower:

Quoting krayzbabylove:

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Congratulations!!!
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:22 AM
3 moms liked this

Here we go!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:23 AM
4 moms liked this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)