Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Annoying People

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband and I know this married couple they are our neighbors .They come to our house every single day like 2 or 3 times for something are for us to watch their son .Its really getting on my nerves, it been going on too long ,and I see its starting to get to my husband .People always tell us that we are too nice ,but how do we stop this? What would you do if you let it go on this long.  

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:40 AM

If I didn't want to watch their son...I would just say no.

I'm not sure what more than that youre looking for?

Nicole1357
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Yeah I would be polite about it but just be like no I can not watch your son. Or tell them you have plans when you just need some time to yourself. 

Rust.n.Gears
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would flat out tell they that I can't anymore and they have to find someone new. You are being too nice and they are taking advantage of you. They will continue until you do something about it.

Arwyn724
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

People will treat us the way we allow ourselves to be treated.  Just stand up for yourselves, you can do it and still be nice.

Wonderfulmom314
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Quoting christina0607:

About watching their son we have started to tell them no ,it's the coming over 2 to3 times a day that's getting to me,

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
If we don't want to be bothered, we don't answer the door or we flat out say no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Wonderfulmom314:

Quoting christina0607:

About watching their son we have started to tell them no ,it's the coming over 2 to3 times a day that's getting to me,

Just say you're busy. Eventually they will stop bothering if they know that coming over will just mean going back. 

Make someone happy today, mind your own business.

Texascandee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Why are they coming 2-3 times a day?  I wouldn't answer my door and if they say something because they knew you were home, I'd tell them I was busy with whatever you want to tell them..........I'd be getting bothered over that too.

specialwingz
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Just because the phone rings, doesn't mean you have to answer it.  Same goes for the door.  They can only come in if you are opening the door for them.

Quoting Wonderfulmom314:

Quoting christina0607:

Wonderfulmom314
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Anything that comes to your mind to ask for lol.

Quoting Texascandee:

Why are they coming 2-3 times a day?  I wouldn't answer my door and if they say something because they knew you were home, I'd tell them I was busy with whatever you want to tell them..........I'd be getting bothered over that too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)