Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Maybe TMI, but could it be a medical problem?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 8 Replies

What in the world would make a person breath smell like straight shit? I know you can have a bad tooth, but could it be a medical reason? I tried to look it up, but I don'r know where to begin?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
baby7810
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:09 AM

yes it could be thyroid or something else in the throat

Meadowchik
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:12 AM

There are also things like "tonsil stones" which are probably bits of food that get loded in the tonsil region and start to decay, letting off a sulfur-like smell oftentimes.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Hannah on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:13 AM
This is really rare but I saw on tv a man that had a sponge left inside him after surgery, it was rotting inside him and causing pain and made his breath smell like shit. So I'd imagine there are many things that could go wrong inside you and cause that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Straight shit? haha lol!!!!

I think it could be a medical problem but I'm not sure. My dh acutally has this issue if he doesn't brush and use mouthwash.

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Start with looking up halitosis. This makes breath smell really really bad.

BlsdWithTwOKids
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I have no idea,I have never heard of that,I suppose it could be a medical condition ?.

My Group For Moms Who Love Taking Pictures,NO DRAMA:http://www.cafemom.com/group/118535

CanInTex
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Constipation. Google it. My little sister had awful constipation and the result was "straight shit" breath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:53 AM

There are a number of medical or dental issues that can cause really strong bad breath.  Mostly none of them are particularly dangerous, but they should be investigated and treated.  They range from tooth decay to thyroid and heart issues, tonsil issues, etc. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)