Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High risk doctor appt today

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM
  • 6 Replies
Just got home from my appt. Everything looks good with the baby. We go back in 7 weeks. I will be going to blood work tomorrow to test for Down Syndrome. The test is 99.9% accurate. Its not a amniocentesis its a new test they do. They said with this test we can also maybe find out the gender of the baby. We will know in a week. We won't be doing a amino at all. I will be getting a echo done on Monday to check on my heart murmur but other then that everything is good. Now to wait on all the results. I also go to my ob on the 11th of Feb. We will be keeping a real close eye on the baby's heart. The tech said the baby is very active.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
inspain
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Good luck and good health to you both.  

Just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy.  ;-)

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Thank you.

Quoting inspain:

Good luck and good health to you both.  

Just try to relax and enjoy the pregnancy.  ;-)

shadenn766
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck

Rain2Rinse
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Are you talking about the free cell (cell free?) test? I had it done 3 weeks ago. They were really concerned. I got the results back on Monday (3 weeks later) and it was "negative" so everything is fine. I will get a more in depth result when I go in on the 6th.

I know it is difficult, but try not to worry! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I believe that's it. I'm glad everything turned out good. I hope everything continues to stay going good. I'm not worried to much. The way we look at it is we will be blessed either way. Our youngest son has Down Syndrome and we love him unconstitutional and we will this baby as will.

Quoting Rain2Rinse:

Are you talking about the free cell (cell free?) test? I had it done 3 weeks ago. They were really concerned. I got the results back on Monday (3 weeks later) and it was "negative" so everything is fine. I will get a more in depth result when I go in on the 6th.

I know it is difficult, but try not to worry! Good luck
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Good luck!  I hope all the tests turn out well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)