Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New mom dealing with baby gas

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son just turned 3 weeks old yesterday. It's been such a blessing being a new mom even the sleepless nights (which are hard) are so worth it. The last week has been very difficult though my son has been having tummy troubles with bad gas my step mother recommended a little sugar water here and there but I've heard that its not such a great idea. I also bought gripe water at the store, which seems to help some. My dr however is really no help by telling me to pretty much deal with it and not to use the gripe water very much. I feel horrible for my baby though when he cries in pain from the gas anyone have ideas that they've used to help baby gas?

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tansyflower
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:57 PM

are you breastfeeding?

Drewsmom8
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Unfortunately no. I have him on similac advance 

DragonMother10
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:04 PM
My son has the same problem. You can also do bicycle movements to his legs, or put his toes to his nose to help relieve gas. When he is a bit older, chamomile tea with no sugar helps a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bebe_ju-rah
by I Ate The Rainbow on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I wouldn't give him sugar water. Maybe try a different formula? I know Efamil has a couple for gas problems. I also have a gassy 2 week old, I totally feel your pain. :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM

I wouldn't give him sugar water. Water is not good for babies. Have you tried bicycling his legs? Gently messaging his belly? You could try laying him across your lap and patting his back, even gently bouncing your knees (just make sure his neck is not jostling). You could cradle him in your arm upside down (his belly will be across your arm, your hand will come up between his legs and his face will be by your elbow, if all that makes sense lol) and gently swinging him back and forth. Good luck! Having a gassy baby is a bummer :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)