Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any moms here have a child that is not circumcised? TMI warning UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 5 and his foreskin doesn't retract. I took him into the er cause it hurts him and is red.. I thought he had a UTI, but the doctor is convinced that his foreskin should be retracting by now tried to shove it back and ripped him slightly. Then was like oh um wait a week then take him to the doctor so they can evaluate him, I said WHY a week oh cause you just hurt him and don't want others to see what you have done? 

Help is it meant to go back by now? they say there is too much over hang I don't know what that means.. 

UPDATE: So I went to the hospital today to complain about what was happened and explain I was told that you are never meant to force the foreskin down, and they replied with sometimes to examine the issue they need to do this. I said NO it never should be done. And why am I concerned, I said well cause he was ripped and bleeding. They were like oh do you want us to see him again. GOOD LORD no was my reply. I was like he is in school, then she was like OH it must not be that bad if he can go to school. I was like are you wanting him not to be able to walk or something, cause it seems like you are upset that he is in school. They totally dismissed me and my concerns. Also we still have no clue as to why son has a red penis, and he is urinating about 5-8 times an hour.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (131-133):
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM
How is your son doing? Did you end up going higher up at the hospital to complain?

Quoting Punkslilncs:

My son is 5 and his foreskin doesn't retract. I took him into the er cause it hurts him and is red.. I thought he had a UTI, but the doctor is convinced that his foreskin should be retracting by now tried to shove it back and ripped him slightly. Then was like oh um wait a week then take him to the doctor so they can evaluate him, I said WHY a week oh cause you just hurt him and don't want others to see what you have done? 

Help is it meant to go back by now? they say there is too much over hang I don't know what that means.. 

UPDATE: So I went to the hospital today to complain about what was happened and explain I was told that you are never meant to force the foreskin down, and they replied with sometimes to examine the issue they need to do this. I said NO it never should be done. And why am I concerned, I said well cause he was ripped and bleeding. They were like oh do you want us to see him again. GOOD LORD no was my reply. I was like he is in school, then she was like OH it must not be that bad if he can go to school. I was like are you wanting him not to be able to walk or something, cause it seems like you are upset that he is in school. They totally dismissed me and my concerns. Also we still have no clue as to why son has a red penis, and he is urinating about 5-8 times an hour.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Eadanu
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I  would talk to the top person at the hospital and that Dr. would be FIRED!!!

My older 2 boys have had the same thing your son has. I was told as long as they can pee and not in a lot of pain it was ok and to have them pull the skin back every time they went pee and took a bath, but not to the point where it hurts and bleeds. After about 3 weeks of this the skin started to come lose like it was suppose to be and the infection went away. But if your son is in a lot of pain I would take him to the Ped. He might need to be on some meds to help with the infection. But the best thing for the skin is to just have him pull the skin back every time he pees or takes a bath.

Punkslilncs
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Because everything you read on the internet is true, look back at this post alone you have so much conflicting information it worrys me also I very much resent your statement. 

Quoting IansMommy2012:

Smh that's why they have te Internet. I swear some ppl should not be allowed to reproduce

Quoting Punkslilncs:

They didn't tell me anything when I had him. I was a single mother, a rape victim, I just left him alone and thought things would sort out, but I have been told numerous things, one doctor told me I was meant to work the skin.. with vaseline, which horrified me and sounded very wrong, another said that it should be just cut away and is much easier to deal with, but now I am learning that what I was doing was fine just leave it alone. So many people have been misinformed about what to do I didn't know who to listen to. He has been through so many surgeries when he was born I didn't want them doing something that seemed pointless. No I didn't know anything about it and just left it be. I did check for yeast infections which he never got.. but still was clueless. I don't have a penis and my husband and I got married 2011.

Quoting SuperMommy22:

I honestly don't mean to sound rude, but if your son is uncircumsized and he is 5 years old how did you not know that the doctor shouldn't pull the foreskin back? Didn't you learn how to care for an uncircumsized penis when you had him? (Again, not trying to be rude and if it came across as that I am sorry.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)