Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Any moms here have a child that is not circumcised? TMI warning UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is 5 and his foreskin doesn't retract. I took him into the er cause it hurts him and is red.. I thought he had a UTI, but the doctor is convinced that his foreskin should be retracting by now tried to shove it back and ripped him slightly. Then was like oh um wait a week then take him to the doctor so they can evaluate him, I said WHY a week oh cause you just hurt him and don't want others to see what you have done? 

Help is it meant to go back by now? they say there is too much over hang I don't know what that means.. 

UPDATE: So I went to the hospital today to complain about what was happened and explain I was told that you are never meant to force the foreskin down, and they replied with sometimes to examine the issue they need to do this. I said NO it never should be done. And why am I concerned, I said well cause he was ripped and bleeding. They were like oh do you want us to see him again. GOOD LORD no was my reply. I was like he is in school, then she was like OH it must not be that bad if he can go to school. I was like are you wanting him not to be able to walk or something, cause it seems like you are upset that he is in school. They totally dismissed me and my concerns. Also we still have no clue as to why son has a red penis, and he is urinating about 5-8 times an hour.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
yezay
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Never go to the er unless you think you're dying or that something's going to fall off! It's called emergency for a reason. Most of them have their heads up their asses for anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Punkslilncs
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM

It was a minor er, and he was crying cause he was hurting so badly.. now he is screaming.. 

Quoting yezay:

Never go to the er unless you think you're dying or that something's going to fall off! It's called emergency for a reason. Most of them have their heads up their asses for anything else.

yezay
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I went to the er for knee pain and ended up with a major blood clot thanks to the leg brace they gave me. It nearly killed me and now I wouldn't go to the er unless I thought I would die otherwise. Always call the dr office and asked to talk to the doctor on call first. They can usually recommend something to get them through until they're open again.

Quoting Punkslilncs:

It was a minor er, and he was crying cause he was hurting so badly.. now he is screaming.. 

Quoting yezay:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SuperMommy22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I honestly don't mean to sound rude, but if your son is uncircumsized and he is 5 years old how did you not know that the doctor shouldn't pull the foreskin back? Didn't you learn how to care for an uncircumsized penis when you had him? (Again, not trying to be rude and if it came across as that I am sorry.)

DragonMother10
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I don't know. The doctors would pull it back, but we left it alone. Does it hurt when he pees?

Quoting Punkslilncs:

He is five years old. And from everything I am learning you aren't meant to pull it back at all? I am so lost and wondering why doctors would think it is okay. 

Quoting DragonMother10:

Is your son 5 months or 5 years? They kept telling us to pull back my son's foreskin but we didn't have the heart to do it. I asked a friend of mine who has three boys and a cousin of mine who has a boy 3 1/2 older than my son. Their Pediatrician's said to leave it alone. Well when his 9 month checkup came around the Practitioner pulled back his foreskin, as the doctor had before. Luckily this time his skin can be pulled back and can clean his penis better. We always put petroleum jelly around the skin. We were thinking he was going to need to be circumcised. We would like to but it is too much money and it is only covered if it is for medical purposes. It is considered cosmetic otherwise, but my husband will teach him how to clean it and make sure he doesn't let the skin dry, otherwise is will leave him cuts.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I have no experience with an uncircumcised penis, and even I know what that doctor did was wrong! 

Cherish77
by Cherish on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:54 AM
Ds has never had that problem sorry.
shell.bell
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:57 AM
My boys retracted by a couple months old.
MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah this is what my sons doctor did, my son had like little white pustules, like two... And the doctor said pull the skin down a little or it will start to grow stuck to his penis. I of course didn't pull the skin anymore but did use the vasoline and it did get better thank god

Quoting Punkslilncs:

The doctor was like the skin should be lose... and I was like doesn't that happen over time? Then the doctor was like no you are meant to work with the skin and some vasaline every day and I was like SAY WHAT???? Some doctors have NO clue what to do with an uncircumsized penis, I mean I am not an expert in the area, but you figure someone who went to medical school would have some knowledge. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM

It could take him till puberty to fully retract. Doctor's are often wrong when it comes to intact care. So sorry Mama!!! Check out the Intact group on here, they are FULL of great info.

My son is 4 and is still not retracting yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)