Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

McDonalds question?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am at a McD's right now, and I went up and ordered what I always order when I want to sit and use Wifi for awhile - a large fountain drink and a cup of hot water.  I drink hot tea while I surf the web and bring a soda home for DH.  The girl at the counter charges me for two large fountain drinks, and I asked if they were charging for the water now. I don't mind paying for a cup of hot water because I know it costs money for the cup and I'm just sitting there using wifi.  But the manager (I guess) came up and voided my order, telling me they can't give me hot water because it's "too hot."  They serve coffee.  How is the water from their coffee maker more hot than the coffee from the same coffee maker?  And since when can they not give me said water, when I've been doing this for years?  So I'm sitting here freezing my butt off and ticked because I just wanted my hot tea.  Guess I'm going to Starbucks from now on.

UPDATE

I happened to notice another manager hanging out and asked her, "Do you guys not serve hot tea anymore?" "No, it's just the northern ones and the East Coast" (I live in Louisiana, so that actually made sense to me).  So I  told her I've always been able to get hot water for my tea, and she said that was fine they can give me hot water.  So I told her what happened and she apologized and got me some.  I think maybe the cashier didn't know she wasn't supposed to charge me a dollar for the cup of hot water, and the manager was trying to back her up because she thought maybe I was being rude by asking for it?  Or maybe they legitimately couldn't understand why I was asking for hot water and how they were supposed to give it to me?  Either way, a northerner after my own heart helped me and I'm happy now.  No more threatening to go to Starbucks.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessy613
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, thats ridiculous!

3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Its a loss suit. I worked at a taco bell and couldn't hand out hot water cuz if you spill in and get burnt we are reliable. But coffee is hot so I am not sure about McDonalds
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Mo...

..Wait for it..

RONS.

The feck is this 'too hot' crap?
"it's cool, I'll blow on it.."
Liudmyla
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

It amazes me how hard to find a fast food place that sells hot tea in this country and I love to have hot tea in winter.

Mrsfarr
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 PM
That could easily be remedied by giving her a cup with "caution: contents may be hot" written on it. Ya know, like.. a coffee cup...

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Its a loss suit. I worked at a taco bell and couldn't hand out hot water cuz if you spill in and get burnt we are reliable. But coffee is hot so I am not sure about McDonalds

Paperfishies
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:07 PM

The McDonalds by me has hot tea...

that is a really stupid rule for them to have...

but I have to ask, why would you order your husbands large soda first?  By the time you're finished hanging out, and drive home, the ice will have watered the soda down.

MommaGreenhalge
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I don't want to order a (usually free) cup of hot water and sit there for an hour or two and not buy anything.  And anyway, I just usually hold onto the cup and don't fill it until just before I leave.

Quoting Paperfishies:

The McDonalds by me has hot tea...

that is a really stupid rule for them to have...

but I have to ask, why would you order your husbands large soda first?  By the time you're finished hanging out, and drive home, the ice will have watered the soda down.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:10 PM

loss suit? Reliable? 

Sorry, i almost never correct spelling, but these made me giggle :P 

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

3mommyandwifey
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Please explain I wanna giggle.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

loss suit? Reliable? 

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Law suit and liable are the correct words for these sentences. :)

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Please explain I wanna giggle.

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

loss suit? Reliable? 

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)