Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick 10 month old...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
I know none of you are doctors but just give me an idea if you can. My biggest fear is ignoring the serious.

Dd has had:

-a nasty bad runny nose.
-Clear discharge but what I aspirate and what she sneezes is greenish.
-She sneezes a lot,
-sleeps a lot (1/2-2/3 of the day in 30 min to 3 hour spurts).
-Coughing like a recovering smoker, but no barking just a wet pleghmy cough that is producing most times and shes trying to spit it out.
-eyes red and puffy and watery like she has allergies but it's winter and she's never had allergies before. I bought a new recliner but she was already like this before I brought it home. We have always had the same two cats.

-she's eating, drinking, and peeing and pooping.

Anyway, I emailed this to her dr too but I won't get a response till mondayish. But anyone have a suggestion for helping her congestion and such? She's pretty miserable and no one is getting any real sleep kwim?

Haven't had a baby sick like this since ds 5 years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ZakkarysMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Hmm I guess all I could suggest is using a humidifier and baby Vicks. And Tylenol for any pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Texascandee
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Granted I'm not a dr but it looks like either a cold or allergies..........I don't know of anything you can give a child that young.  You can steam up the bathroom and take her in there to see if it helps.........good luck

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

Not much you can do. Meds are not good for this age. You can actually cause more congestion but suctioning too often. Try taking her in the bathroom and running a steam shower. Sit with her in the bathroom with the door shut, read to her etc. And just hang in there.

TexanMomOf6
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:33 PM

She's a bit young to wait that long for an appt. Can you get her to see her dr on a walk in basis? I would be concerned about some sort of chest infection.

MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Bump:

Can a child spontaneously develop allergies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM

You can develop allergies at any age.  My husband never had seasonal allergies until about 5 years ago.  So yes it is possible it is allergies.

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Bump:

Can a child spontaneously develop allergies?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)