Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Almost every day I wake up nauseous!! Sometimes I have bouts of nausea during the day. I have an iud and regular periods so I really doubt that I'm pregnant. What else could be causing this? I've also had a lot of gas and bloating lately. I'm miserable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (11-18):
eema.gray
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Chelation therapy - prescription meds that bind to the mercury and carry it out of the body, along with a nutrient dense diet (basically no cans, jars, or boxes) to help her body heal.

You said MSG is a problem for you so maybe the "clean" diet that people are talking about would be good; there are a lot of details but really, it's avoiding food-like items out of cans, boxes, and jars, and cooking from whole food ingredients.  That would help you avoid the MSG, nitraties, preservatives, and dyes that are in pre packaged foods.

ETA:  It's a very rare side effect but some women get copper poisoning from the paraguard.  I'd check the symptoms of copper poisoning and compare against your symptoms.

Quoting yezay:

Omg not that I know of. What was her cure?

Quoting eema.gray:

Could you have been exposed to mercury, like a broken (old fashioned) thermometer?  I read a blog by a lady who experienced several horrific years that started pretty much the way you describe, all from vacuuming up a broken mercury thermometer.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
yezay
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM
I also get sick after eating foods that are marinated.

Quoting eema.gray:

Chelation therapy - prescription meds that bind to the mercury and carry it out of the body, along with a nutrient dense diet (basically no cans, jars, or boxes) to help her body heal.

You said MSG is a problem for you so maybe the "clean" diet that people are talking about would be good; there are a lot of details but really, it's avoiding food-like items out of cans, boxes, and jars, and cooking from whole food ingredients.  That would help you avoid the MSG, nitraties, preservatives, and dyes that are in pre packaged foods.

ETA:  It's a very rare side effect but some women get copper poisoning from the paraguard.  I'd check the symptoms of copper poisoning and compare against your symptoms.

Quoting yezay:

Quoting eema.gray:

Could you have been exposed to mercury, like a broken (old fashioned) thermometer?  I read a blog by a lady who experienced several horrific years that started pretty much the way you describe, all from vacuuming up a broken mercury thermometer.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

A homemade marinade is normally water, vinegar or some other acid (like lemon juice or tomato puree), salt, and maybe a few seasonings.

A commercial marinade often has nitrate (to prevent spoilage) and/or MSG to enhance the flavors.  The way MSG and nitrate are labeled is very sneaky - there's a list I've seen a few different places that includes at least 50 different terms for labeling MSG on foods!

Quoting yezay:

Quoting eema.gray:

Quoting yezay:

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
yezay
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Omg! I had a steak tip salad las night maybe that's why I feel so awful! I'm also having sharp stomach pains.

Quoting eema.gray:

A homemade marinade is normally water, vinegar or some other acid (like lemon juice or tomato puree), salt, and maybe a few seasonings.

A commercial marinade often has nitrate (to prevent spoilage) and/or MSG to enhance the flavors.  The way MSG and nitrate are labeled is very sneaky - there's a list I've seen a few different places that includes at least 50 different terms for labeling MSG on foods!

Quoting yezay:

Quoting eema.gray:

Quoting yezay:

Quoting eema.gray:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I buy mine at Fred Meyer or Whole Foods. I try to get ones that have at least 10 billion cultures per capsule and at least 5 different strains. They make some really good ones now that don't have to be kept in the fridge, so you might be able to find some good deals online also.

As for marinades....I'm the same way. It's a hit and miss whether or not something is going to make me want to live in the bathroom. Some barbecue sauces do the same thing me too. I would definitely recommend starting some probiotics regularly and see if things improve. I think that would be one of the easier and cheaper ways to help you a bit.

Quoting yezay:

MSG is a killer for me!! Where do you buy the probiotics?

Quoting GirlieGal76:

I feel that way when I don't take probiotics every day. It feels like I've eaten 5 Thanksgiving dinners if I don't take probiotics. I also had food allergy testing done and found out I was sensitive to things I never would have guessed, like sesame seeds, pineapple, cranberries and MSG.

pixie-buttercup
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I was thinking gallbladder, too

Pnukey
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM

It's probably something you ate. :(

mtdew
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Could be wheat/dairy/food allergy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)