Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Sending your kid to school in ripped jeans

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Would you send your child to school with a hole in the knee of their jeans?

Options:

Sure, why not?

No way

Other (explain if you like)

I like potatoes.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 250

View Results

My daughter came home from school yesterday with a hole in the knee of her jeans. No biggie; she got plenty of use out of them, so I wasn't upset or anything. I made a comment to the sitter about buying her a new pair and she said "Why? It's just a hole in the knee - she can still wear them to school."

I hadn't really thought of it that way. I don't think I would send her to school like that, though. Especially when it's so cold out.

So...what say you? Is it okay to send your child to school with a hole in the knee of their jeans?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (131-134):
Sarah32882
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:47 AM

If they jeans look clean and it looks like they could have been made like that I don't see why not. If the rest of their outfit looks neat nobody is going to think they are a bum.Based on the pic I would ok it. :)

Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:52 AM
I would make a cool patch to cover it but other wise no, only because Ds has a health problem that causes him to fall a lot, he would have scratched knees forever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:53 AM

ds11 fave pair of jeans that he  refuses to let me throw away are frayed and ripped at tge bottom and hole in one knee. we compromised on when he can wear them, not during school. if he had just ripped knees it woukd not be a problem.

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 4:58 AM
We have maybe one or two more days of cool weather so my daughter will have holes in her jeans. She'd only get a couple of uses out of the jeans before she's in shorts again. We live in south tx and she only wear jeans on cool weather days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)