Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I was just wondering how long it typically takes you ladies to shower. Strange question I know, but I am constantly being bitched at by DH to cut down the time of my showers. It generally takes me about 10 minutes maybe a few minutes more some days. That is with being 6 months pregnant and shaving from underarms down to ankles! I though all things considered I was doing pretty well lol

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
fullxbusymom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Oh well that doesn't bother us because anyone can use the bathroom or brush teeth etc. if anyone is in the shower.  We have 1 bathroom and 6 people so it isn't optional usually.

Quoting Amybarnhart11:

Oh trust be it irritates me to no end! In his defense he isn't complaining about water consumption, but about that we are a house of 4 people and 1 bathroom! Someone is ALWAYS complaining they have to pee if the shower is in use. I swear it's like they hear running water and automatically have to go. Then again my DS AND DH I just tell them if they have to go so badly...go outside! 

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

I dnt know I take long showers though because I like standing in the hot water. No offense at all but I would be aggravated if my husband bitched at me like I was a child about how long my showers were lol.

Junebaby18
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM
I shower with my dd and it takes us 20ish minutes. If I shower alone its about 10.
When we had only 1 bathroom, I always asked everyone if they needed to use it before I went in. My dh did the same. Maybe try asking them, while looking them in the face and/or touching them on the arm/shoulder (to make sure you have their attention).
Due9
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
15 min without leg shaving. 20-25 with shaving.
I have a lot of shower rituals like my face scrub, then face wash, leaving conditioner in hair for a couple minutes...etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kennedysmom83
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this
About 10, unless its at night and I am getting to unwind a bit. I think you are doing damn good, I'm not pregnant and don't shave my legs half the time :)
kdgord
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM
10-20 depending on the day, how tired I am and how much I am enjoying the hot water
Paperfishies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I would tell him to suck a dick.  Don't let him dictate what you do in the bathroom, that is ridiculous.

showers/baths are *MY* time.  I take long ass showers, usually 25-40 minutes.

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM
It depends on if I have to shave. Without shaving about 20 mins with shaving about 30. My dh takes 30 min showers and has short hair so I'm usually the one bitching at him.lol
A-WAHL
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
20 minutes, if I shave around 35.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandylynes
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Ten or fifteen minutes depending if I'm shaving or not.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I love how men complain about out shower time!
How bout I tell you to shave half Your body, wash hair that's at least 3 times longer and thicker than yours, wash all the nooks and crannies and then we'll see how long You take Mister!
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)