Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Arggggggh!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 20 Replies

I hate being short! I am 5'3". I am trying to decorate for my DD bday party tomorrow cause I wont have time to do it tomorrow, I hung up the "happy birthday" sign and some crepe paper. It took a lot of work cause I had to reach really high to hang it up even standing on a chair. I was so excited to be almost done, had only a few things of crape paper to do so I stand back and look and ALL of it is effing crooked or uneven! So I give up! I am waiting for my dh to get home and he can fix it then do the rest, he is 6'3" so he probably wouldn't even NEED A chair to do it. I should have just waited :/

Anyone else have short person problems?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Bump

Amybelle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM

No, I'm 5'10....My oldest DD is 5'6" she get "mad" at me beacuse I "didn't give her my height"....LOL

Mommynwife26
by Brianna on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

My dad is 6'5" so yes I get mad at him for not giving me anymore height lol. My mom was only 5'2" I am taller than all my sisters. I think I would be happy with 2 or 3 more in!

Quoting Amybelle:

No, I'm 5'10....My oldest DD is 5'6" she get "mad" at me beacuse I "didn't give her my height"....LOL

ermka
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I was painting the living room a few weeks ago & because it was "my" idea, dh refused to help. I was painting blind around the ceiling (didn't do too horribly bad) because I couldn't reach even with the ladder. I'm also 5'3.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:03 PM
My sister does. When she goes out to eat, her feet often do not touch the floor while sitting in booths. Drives her nuts!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inspain
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Nah, 5'10" here.  

But I did have a sort of "short person problem" a while back.  I bought a house with a kitchen custom built to accomodate the 5' woman that had lived there for 25 years.  It was ridiculous, the counters were mid-way up my thighs and I was eye-level with some of the topmost shelves.  

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 5:47 PM
No but my mom is short so I always have to get things down for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm 5'2. It's annoying for me to always need a chair to reach the top shelf in the kitchen haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DKk0531
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Im 5'1. I told dh for mothers day i want a step stool so i can stop climbing on counters and standing on chairs that spin around lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MusherMaggie
by Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I'm 5'0", and have hypochondroplasia to boot--my arms and legs are proportionally too short for the rest of me!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)