Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

when breast feeding do you...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
  • 23 Replies
Get sleepy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
No but I get thirsty and hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Yes, hormones are release when you nurse. My baby is 9 mts and if its calm around us we fall asleep. By the way kudos for breastfeeding!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Thanks! We had a rough start but its going well now. He is a little jaundice so the doctor wanted me to suppliment him with formula after every nursing section. I felt bad about that but he is doing much better now

Quoting piwife:

Yes, hormones are release when you nurse. My baby is 9 mts and if its calm around us we fall asleep. By the way kudos for breastfeeding!!

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:12 PM

yeah but from my understanding it normal from a certain hormone released when bf

Staylor0384
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
When she was newborn I literally felt myself getting drained energy wise but now not so much. She is sixteen months so i guess it gets better with age.
TSNDDY
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
No.. Restless and thirsty, yes.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Not always but usually! 

piwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Well for future reference you don't have to supplemet with formula. My baby had a level 22 under billi lights for 24 hrs and not one drop of formula

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Thanks! We had a rough start but its going well now. He is a little jaundice so the doctor wanted me to suppliment him with formula after every nursing section. I felt bad about that but he is doing much better now

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Do u have fb?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM
The doctor was worried about him loosing 10% of his birth weight and my milk didn't come in yet. It has now!

Quoting piwife:

Well for future reference you don't have to supplemet with formula. My baby had a level 22 under billi lights for 24 hrs and not one drop of formula

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting piwife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)