Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Get sleepy?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Replies (21-23):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I just decided to quit giving him the formula. It did help him though until my milk came in. Only took a day and he was doing way better. I HATE formula! I didn't think you were being rude.

Quoting piwife:

Well is normal for babies to loose 10-12. % of birth weight. My baby lost more. She was born at 7.4 and her lowest weight was 6.5. Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude... I was giving you info a lot of moms don't know about.

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

The doctor was worried about him loosing 10% of his birth weight and my milk didn't come in yet. It has now!

Quoting piwife:

Well for future reference you don't have to supplemet with formula. My baby had a level 22 under billi lights for 24 hrs and not one drop of formula

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Thanks! We had a rough start but its going well now. He is a little jaundice so the doctor wanted me to suppliment him with formula after every nursing section. I felt bad about that but he is doing much better now

Quoting piwife:

Yes, hormones are release when you nurse. My baby is 9 mts and if its calm around us we fall asleep. By the way kudos for breastfeeding!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
it makes me very sleepy. i have a hard time staying awake when i nurse.
louzannalady
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:11 AM

If I am laying down with him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)