Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

All the redheads (natural OR dyed) get in here!!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 31 Replies

I'm thinking about dying my hair red. But some women who have red hair (or did in the past) have told me that it clashes with a lot of colors, so there's certain colors you just can't wear. Is that true?

I'm asking because like 75% of my wardrobe is pink and I'm not sure that I want to dye my hair red if it's going to clash with every top I own.

So...is it true? Can I wear pink if I have red hair?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Psh who cares what people say! I had red hair before I went black, I wear whatever color I like! :-P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Depends on your shade of red hair but in general it doesnt go well with red or pink. Red hair really pops when you wear light blue...purple and bright green.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Depends on the shade
I've been several shades. The brighter you go the more limited you are it seems to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I have red hair and there are colors I can't wear, but that has more to do with my overall skin tone than just red hair. I think it's more the pale pink skin and red hair that have issues wearing pink or red.

AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

See? This one isn't as intense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TaylorBaby
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

you can wear whatever your heart desires.

chendren1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Think it depends on the red. Ive dkne multiple shades and never had trouble with clothes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuickMomma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I was a dyed red head till recently and wore many colors.That statement is not true about not being able to wear certain colors.I will be going back to the red once I can,I miss it!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2littledaisies
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Idk when I dyed my hair red I had this yellow hoodie I had to stop wearing I felt like effin mcdonalds lol. It was my fave hoodie at the time too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM

This is the color I'll be shooting for:

I want to try to find a color that's a touch darker than that, so it will FADE into this shade. I don't want to start out this color and then fade to bright orange.

Quoting AleaKat:

Depends on the shade
I've been several shades. The brighter you go the more limited you are it seems to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN