Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm not being stupid about a car seat, right?

Posted by   + Show Post
Long story short someone else totaled my car which had my son's awesome car seat in it, so my mom brought to me her car seat for ds. Her car seat is considered two stars or average from the highway and traffic safety administration, my pervious car seat at the time was a four stars, now it's three. I did some online car seat shopping and found a new car seat with four/five stars for $100. My mom thinks I should use the $40 car seat in her car because "it works just fine". My greatest concern is that he will be in the car seat and we get in a reck and he's hurt badly because he wasn't in a great car seat. Everyone but my boyfriend thinks I am being stupid because we have a car seat that works fine. To me my moms car seat is a great temporary back up but I really don't want him in it long term and ds's pedi agree's. Am I being over reactive about it or am I just doing what is right?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Replies (11-13):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM
DD was in a $20 backless booster when my car was totaled and she was fine. Do what makes you comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I went through this a year ago. Insurance generally will NOT give you money to cover a new seat, but they will issue a check to reimburse you for the seat that was lost in the accident.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks but I cannot imagine why your family is so concerned with how you spend your money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN