Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

American Girl Dolls

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
  • 15 Replies

Does anyone's DD have one??? DD got one for Christmas from a year ago and since then we've only purchased one outfit. I feel bad because she keeps asking if she can have a new outfit for her dolly but we have since moved and the nearest American Girl doll store is 4 hours away (Miami).

Everyone keeps saying the My Generation Dolls, Dollie & Me and the ones from walmart clothing will fit but they dont!!

I have purchased two dollie and me outfits and the clothing fit DD fine but the doll outfit (which says it fits 18" dolls) is so short that instead of being a dress it looks like a shirt or a hooker get up. Then today we tried the My generation from target and DD picked out a horseback riding outfit. I couldnt even get the pants over her hips and they were able to be button. The riding boots also would not go on her feet.

So why does everyone keep saying these things will fit when they clearly do not?? Is it just our doll or something??

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Try ordering online from American girl

spooky415
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Just order online.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I wouldnt mind but its so expensive on top of the shipping too. I only want to order one thing lol I just cant afford a bunch of stuff at once to make shipping worth it. I guess I will just have to suck it up lol

ambermario4ever
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

I wouldnt mind but its so expensive on top of the shipping too. I only want to order one thing lol I just cant afford a bunch of stuff at once to make shipping worth it. I guess I will just have to suck it up lol

Check ebay

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Schleetle
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Check etsy a lot of shops make stuff to fit American Girl dolls.
godsgirl26
Finally home with my family and im loving it. Until i have to get ready to go back to my mom's to take care of her im ENJOYING myself ♥
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My daughter want an American doll. I'm going to surprise her and get one.
Alrescha
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My youngest loves her doll. She also has a doll from My Generation, but she plays with the AG one so much more. I've actually made a few outfits for her dolls myself and had to adjust the patterns for the AG doll.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OneDay.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Maybe they just assume since they are similar, I would have thought they would fit too :)
.Peaches.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:52 PM

You can order them online, can't you? Or isn't there a phone number you can call and place an order? I never knew there was a store- obviously we don't have them here.

Maybe everyone's definition of 'fit' is different. What may look like hooker clothing on a doll to you might not to someone else. I would've asked to see the doll with the clothes on.

I plan on getting my 7 year old the Addy doll this Christmas.

Cafe Robin
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I don't know why the other 18" doll clothes don't fit.  Maybe something weird that AG does so you have to buy from them. 

There's a sale section on the AG site:
http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/thumbnail/id/1143/uid/329

Also, like someone mentioned, you can find lots of stuff on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1311.R1&_nkw=american+girl+doll+clothes&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)