Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

nook book question

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 9 Replies

i recently got a nook for christmas

a friend here on cafemom sent me the fifty shades trilogy thru email and i was wondering if i can put that on my nook book

if so how do i do it?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
.Peaches.
by Complex Simplicty on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM

'50 Shades' has to be the worst, poorly written book I've EVER read. If I had to read 'apex of my thighs' one more time....

Is it in .pdf or .epub format?

Wait, what kind of Nook do you have? Because the instructions are different for each one (or, at least, a little different).

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM

lol i agree they are not the best but certaintly not the worst

i have a nook hd and its pdf version

Quoting .Peaches.:

'50 Shades' has to be the worst, poorly written book I've EVER read. If I had to read 'apex of my thighs' one more time....

Wait, what kind of Nook do you have? Because the instructions are different for each one (or, at least, a little different).

.Peaches.
by Complex Simplicty on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting .Peaches.:

.pdf can be downloaded directly to your Nook HD from your computer. Download the book from your email, then connect your Nook to your computer, and transfer the file once you save it. Also, if you have any more content that needs to be sideloaded (that's what its called), I'd recommend you download Adobe Digital Editions from the Adobe website. Digtal Editions are for books that are in .epub format.

You'll also need Digital Editions if you plan on checking out eBooks from your library.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM

:D thank you

now if i have books i want to lend to someone how do i do that?

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting .Peaches.:

.pdf can be downloaded directly to your Nook HD from your computer. Download the book from your email, then connect your Nook to your computer, and transfer the file once you save it. Also, if you have any more content that needs to be sideloaded (that's what its called), I'd recommend you download Adobe Digital Editions from the Adobe website. Digtal Editions are for books that are in .epub format.

You'll also need Digital Editions if you plan on checking out eBooks from your library.

.Peaches.
by Complex Simplicty on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting silverdawn99:

:D thank you

now if i have books i want to lend to someone how do i do that?

Quoting .Peaches.:

Quoting silverdawn99:

Quoting .Peaches.:

If you have a book that you brought and you want to use the LendMe feature, the person you want to lend the book to (or the person that wants to borrow the book from you) has to be your Nook Friend. Its one of those apps that comes pre-downloaded, you only need to put it on your homescreen. In order to add Nook Friends, you need to know the person's email address.

The cool thing about the LendMe feature is that once you've added a Nook Friend, both of you can see what the other has available to lend out. You can turn off the LendMe, so that other people can't see what you have (useful if you've added someone who never wants to buy anything, they're only intersted in constantly borrowing your books), but I forget how, because I've never done it.

If you want to sideload books or magazines, then the LendMe app won't apply. Just email the person you want to have a copy of the book (most emailed books are in .pdf format, but there's a way to get them to .epub, I just can't remember what it is).

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Don't mean to hijack but can some one tell me how to either get rid of books/ games or atleast get them off my screen?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

if it is a nook hd

go to library

hold your finger on the book you want to delete and a screen pops up asking you want you want to do

Quoting babyspots17:

Don't mean to hijack but can some one tell me how to either get rid of books/ games or atleast get them off my screen?

babyspots17
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Mines just the tablet no the hd but will try it anyways thanks!

Quoting silverdawn99:

if it is a nook hd

go to library

hold your finger on the book you want to delete and a screen pops up asking you want you want to do

Quoting babyspots17:

Lisha77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM
I was sick of him touching her sex and their breath hitching....

I have a Nook Tablet and my books are in .epub version.

Quoting .Peaches.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)