Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

One year old..

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I don't get y but my 14 month old lately is becoming very needy and wants my attention all the time. I love him and try to give him as much as I can but his grabbing on my leg is getting very irratating. I don't know what to. Is this normal? What should I do abou it? My 1st son didn't do this??

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Does he have activites he can do? He may be bored. Does his brother play with him. He could be a big help to you!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Separation anxiety can pop up again around this age even if you never leave him.  I would try to encourage independance by getting crafts out or books he can look at on the floor while you do other things.

TexanMomOf6
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Different people have different needs. Give him things to do. When you are in the kitchen, give him pots, pans and wooden spoons. If you want to read, let him sit in your lap and read it out loud. He doesn't care what the book is about, he just wants to be close. My 3rd child was very needy. He was always up my butt. (lol, not literally!)

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM

So basically I'm not entertaining him enough

ccmvm
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

oh my boy is a mamas boy (he is 19m now) constantly on my leg, followig me around, mamamamamama all day long, whining to be picked up every little second. even if he watches tv, he wants me right there cuddling with him. It's just how he is, loves my company.

connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)