Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Which company gives you a higher tax return, HR Blocks or Jackon Hewitt

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
  • 22 Replies

Poll

Question: Which company do you think that gives you the higher tax return?

Options:

Hr block

Jackson Hewitt

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 9

View Results

I have been working for Sears for many years and i always do my taxes with hr blocks because i get a discount but now Sears change their contract to Jackson Hewitt and now my discount would be with them, which company do you think that gives you the higher tax return

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovebugs_mom906
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM
2 moms liked this
You should get the same return, no matter who you go through. Go with the one that charges the least to file.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
this. We do our own taxes

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

You should get the same return, no matter who you go through. Go with the one that charges the least to file.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

IndigoOwl
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Your refund is going to be the same no matter how you file. If it not, then somebody did something wrong. I find this question kind of funny, sorry. It seems you are not understanding what a refund is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heather77g
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I do my taxes through H&R Block

goldilocksbecky
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM

First, a "return" is the forms that you fill out and send in to the IRS.  The money that you get back is called a refund. 

Second, they all use the same formulas, tables and laws, so it shouldn't make a difference which company you go with.  It's simply a matter of plugging the numbers from your information into the correct boxes on the forms and knowing which extra credits and such you might be entitled to.  They "should" all know how to do that.  But, as with anything, quality of service may vary from person to person within the same company.  There is an equal chance that an individual  preparer from either company will think of (or miss/forget) a possible credit or write off.  That has nothing to do with either company and everything to do with humans being humans.  That's why its best to be as informed as you can when you walk in the door so that YOU can suggest/ask about possible credits or write offs that might help you.

duejan13th
by ♥Jessica♥ on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM
I do my taxes on taxact.com very easy and cheap!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
demonica29
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

You file a tax return. You receive a tax refund. No one gives you any more or any less. No company gives you anything. The amount you are eligible to receive is what it is. Any decent tax preparer will get you the highest refund to which you are legally entitled. Unscrupulous preparers might lie to get you more. SMDH at what Americans don't know about where part of eachoaycheck goes. 

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Do you mean to ask who charges less to file your taxes for you? Otherwise, your question doesn't make sense because the amount of your refund would be the same no matter what company you used.

mommyofgirl1974
by Lyn on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree!

Quoting lovebugs_mom906:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)