Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

4th Birthday Party Help!!!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is turning 4 in April so ive started tossing around ideas. I found a lot of super cute pirate theme stuff on pinterest and im in love buty ds isn't... he is set on having a train party. The problem is all I've seen is train parties for 1-3 year olds and they all seem baby-ish. With him turning 4 I want him to have more of a big boy party... what to do what to do!?!?!?

I'm also open to suggestions for other ideas. He's not into sports and his cousin just had a super hero party so I'd rather not do that either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I would do a train party since it's what he wants. You can look at different train themes and ideas and take a little from each. Or you can build your own. If he has a train set you can use it to put around the food or cake table. You can use bandanas for napkins or party favors. You can find cheap train conductor hats for the kids. You could send train "tickets" with the invitation for the kids to bring when they come and then you can collect tickets to let them on the train (aka the party-lol). You can make improvised railroad tracks somewhere (saw that on pinterest) and make or buy railroad signs and signals for deorations.

Gina1109
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:36 PM
When you describe it like that it doesn't sound that bad lol. I'll keep looking into it some because it is what he wants. Dang it! I wanted pirates :-)

Quoting GodsAmiga:

I would do a train party since it's what he wants. You can look at different train themes and ideas and take a little from each. Or you can build your own. If he has a train set you can use it to put around the food or cake table. You can use bandanas for napkins or party favors. You can find cheap train conductor hats for the kids. You could send train "tickets" with the invitation for the kids to bring when they come and then you can collect tickets to let them on the train (aka the party-lol). You can make improvised railroad tracks somewhere (saw that on pinterest) and make or buy railroad signs and signals for deorations.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Aww, my son is 4 and we had a Spiderman party for his 4th.  He looooves Spidey.  He'd also love a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party *which is what we are thinking will be his 5th party*, or a train party.  He also loves Mickey Mouse. 

Gina1109
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM
Yeah he loves spider man but with his cousin just having a super hero party I didn't wanna do one and he loves Jake and that's why I thought he would like a pirate party but nnoooo! Lol. I found some cute older boy train stuff on pinterest so I may go with that. It's not till April so I have a little while to persuade him lol

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Aww, my son is 4 and we had a Spiderman party for his 4th.  He looooves Spidey.  He'd also love a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party *which is what we are thinking will be his 5th party*, or a train party.  He also loves Mickey Mouse. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)